Loads of Albanians

Sponsored Links
Only updated by that clause, end of June or July 2022.
Original text:
(2)If, in coming from the country where his life or freedom was threatened, the refugee stopped in another country outside the United Kingdom, subsection (1) applies only if he shows that he could not reasonably have expected to be given protection under the Refugee Convention in that other country.

Its been like this. for 20+ years
How come the deportation rate has dropped off?
Country of origin has changed a bit, we don't have Dublin convention any more, a lot go underground due to criminal networks.. and the government is having difficulty getting a solution through the legal system. We also have a large well funded "human rights" legal industry which is getting abused. Though, thats due to change.

The greeks use clandestine push back teams, which we could try, but that wouldn't be "British".

Last edited:
Original text:
(2)If, in coming from the country where his life or freedom was threatened, the refugee stopped in another country outside the United Kingdom, subsection (1) applies only if he shows that he could not reasonably have expected to be given protection under the Refugee Convention in that other country.

Country of origin has changed a bit, we don't have Dublin convention any more, a lot go underground due to criminal networks.. and the government is having difficulty getting a solution through the legal system. We also have a large well funded "human rights" legal industry which is getting abused. Though, thats due to change.

The greeks use clandestine push back teams, which we could try, but that wouldn't be "British".
so it's easy to refuse the application and deport then?

what's the issue ?

Sponsored Links
Vinty has failed to find a law, so, like an angry monkey, he resorts to flinging his dung.
I don't get angry, sorry if i gave you that impression.
However, you appear to be the original Mr Angry from Aberdeen or wherever you come from.
You seem to get a bit agitated when anyone points out the obvious defects in Britains immigration policies.

Original text:

So it hasn't been acted upon for the last 20+ years?
Would that be because it's in contravention of the ECHR?

And if it's legally acceptable, what is the problem with asylum seekers arriving from France. According to that clause, they can all be dep[orted to Rwanda, or wherever.
Except they can't at the moment. Why would that be?

No. But you framed it as the ONLY criteria for seeking asylum. Wrong.
Where did i say it was the only criteria?.
I just pointed out that a lot of these illegals crossing the channel would have their claim for refugee status rejected under Article 31.

I just pointed out that a lot of these illegals crossing the channel would have their claim for refugee status rejected under Article 31.
And there is the nub. It is way more complicated than 1 section on its own

But the first time it was tried to deport them, the ECHR determined it was in contravention of the Charter.

Not quite - they said the UK should wait until 3 weeks after the judicial review. They haven't said the policy is illegal. Would you like the text so you can read it?

Not quite - they said the UK should wait until 3 weeks after the judicial review. They haven't said the policy is illegal. Would you like the text so you can read it?
So why was the flight stopped, if it was not in contravention of the ECHR charter?
Because the law had not been fully tested, and or scrutinised, perhaps

Glad you cleared that up. Agree there are many influences and not just an unsafe country. (y)

Sponsored Links
Back