Priti pointless

What is your definition of an economic migrant.

Since it was you that introduced the term

you give your definition, and I'll critique it.

I notice you have evaded explaining your opinion that a refugee should live the rest of his life on handouts. What makes you think that?

Sponsored Links
61A6309E-E345-4FE4-8987-41452A058C24.jpeg

Since it was you that introduced the term

you give your definition, and I'll critique it.

I notice you have evaded explaining your opinion that a refugee should live the rest of his life on handouts. What makes you think that?
Where did i say the above.

because UK rejects all asylum claims from people living abroad.
What is wrong with that?
If they don't meet the criteria for asylum status does it matter where they are.
If you want to immigrate to Australia, do you have to be living in Austsralia before you can apply.

Sponsored Links
A lot of Iranians are flooding in using these boats and guess what, the people smugglers are Iranians. Iran is nowhere near the EU or in the EU. How is this happening?

That would make them economic migrants.

Vinty thinks that a refugee who is willing to support himself by working in his new home is a "economic migrant."

So the surgeon, engineer or plumber who escapes from war or persecution must not work?

Vinty wants him to live on taxpayer handouts, like a motor mechanic with an allotment?

Vinty is mad.

Vinty wants him to live on taxpayer handouts, like a motor mechanic with an allotment?
It’s a bloody good system - some get to work all their life from the age of 16 and pay taxes in to a pot. Income tax, national insurance, value added tax and corporation tax, then save up their own money and spend it starting a business to employ people as well as train and prepare unfortunate youngsters for a lifetime of employment and at 62 years old when there’s a world pandemic on they get a small portion of it back for 18 months. Others just spend their time on Internet forums moaning about it and driving from Greenock to East London "a hundred times a year to visit family and friends". Yep, it’s a funny old world.

Touchy!

Strange that vinty thinks the UK taxpayer should support idle refugees rather than allowing them to work and contribute to their new home.

Poor mottie is working himself up again.

Stand back and let vinty try to explain his muddled thinking.

Touchy!

Strange that vinty thinks the UK taxpayer should support idle refugees rather than allowing them to work and contribute to their new home.
Where did i say that.
If refugees are in the country legally and if it is decided by the appropriate authorities that they claim is genuine, then by all means, they should be allowed to work.
Is that clear enough.

Sponsored Links
Back