Priti pointless

Sponsored Links
Which of the following languages do you speak, either sufficiently to navigate everyday life in shops, buses, asking directions; or sufficiently well to gain employment in your usual trade:

French
Finnish
Greek
Turkish
Italian
English
German

Which is the world's most widely-spoken second language?
English of course but I still wouldn’t risk mine and my families lives by attempting a 20 mile crossing of the worlds busiest shipping channel in a rubber dinghy. Would you?

a 20 mile crossing of the worlds busiest shipping channel in a rubber dinghy.

Not unless I was desperate to live in a country where I could function effectively, but I know what the English Channel is like.

People who live in other parts of the world may have seen a sea, and may have seen some ships.

They may have no comprehension of the difference between the main street in their nearest town, and Oxford Street. Even Americans and New Zealanders find it difficult to grasp.

Have you never heard of the Conservative Cabinet Minister who was taken by surprise when he realised that Great Britain is an island, and that Dover is an important port?

A journey of 6,000km taking them through at least half a dozen safe, democratic nations with better human rights records. So why travel so far?
I sometimes wonder if its to give people like you the opportunity to make me genuinely ashamed of the UK with your racism and xenophobia.

Sponsored Links
Even those that rape, murder, steal seem to have a level of protection above which they deserve.
Any point in asking for proof of that?

Actual proof, I mean, not frothing racist articles in the gutter press or random people frothing on other internet forums?

I sometimes wonder if its to give people like you the opportunity to make me genuinely ashamed of the UK with your racism and xenophobia.
It’s neither racist nor xenophobic to challenge why an individual fleeing for their life would not go to the nearest safe haven. If you take Eritrea as an example, the vast majority fleeing, settle in neighbouring countries where there is safety. So why travel 6000km? Something more than your personal safety I think. The traffickers promise of free milk and honey, justifying their fees perhaps.

It’s neither racist nor xenophobic to challenge why an individual fleeing for their life would not go to the nearest safe haven.

they might want to go to a county where they spoke the language enough to build a new life and find employment.

One of those stories is about a deportation which was frustrated by other passengers on the plane.

The other 3 all report the same thing, which is the slow legal process of appeals against deportation orders. The grounds for appeal it seems are the provisions in the European Convention on Human Rights, which weve been a party to for nearly 70 years.

The courts will decide if the appeals will succeed. That is the way it should be in a civilised rule-based society. Incidentally, it was a democratic decision of the electorate that it should become a long slow process.

The ECHR does not give people carte blanche to avoid deportation.

So no, none of this is proof that "those that rape, murder, steal seem to have a level of protection above which they deserve", it is proof that the courts are considering whether they deserve the protections afforded to them in law.

It’s neither racist nor xenophobic to challenge why an individual fleeing for their life would not go to the nearest safe haven.
Nor is it illegal to walk into a bank in the height of summer wearing a ski mask and latex gloves.

they might want to go to a county where they spoke the language enough to build a new life and find employment.
That would make them economic migrants.
Why don't they go through the normal channels and apply to migrate to the UK.

That would make them economic migrants.

When did you invent the idea that a refugee should desire to live in idleness the rest of his days, without working, earning a living, and without supporting his family or seeking to better himself?

If he claims that idea as his I hope he can afford the lawsuits from the Express and the Mail for copyright infringement.

When did you invent the idea that a refugee should desire to live in idleness the rest of his days, without working, earning a living, and without supporting his family or seeking to better himself?
Why don't these migrant appl
What is your definition of an economic migrant.

Sponsored Links
Back