Priti pointless

Sponsored Links
Because in International law... passing through a safe country to claim asylum in another country makes them economic refugee's & NOT asylum seekers.

and, in the Protocol that superceded the convention, can you quote anything that says a refugee is disqualified if they pass through a third country?

apparently not.

lets face it

you can hardly blame these migrants for wanting to leave France

its that bad they are actually paddeling across the channel

Sponsored Links
If the quote is referenced properly then some changes can be propagated.
I thought a quote was a snapshot at the time.

Try changing your post and see what happens in this one....

upload_2021-7-20_22-52-23.png

There are very few refugees arriving by illegal boat, I doubt many genuine refugees could afford the passage being charged.

Its certainly a common narrative amongst right wing media that they arent refugees but economic migrants.

but look at where they’ve come from - those landing yesterday were from Eritrea - well known for suppression of its people.

They are refugees not economic migrants.

A journey of 6,000km taking them through at least half a dozen safe, democratic nations with better human rights records. So why travel so far?

They are refugees not economic migrants.
I don’t know about you but if I was a refugee from oppression, I’d be happy to seek refuge in the first safe country I came to and not risk my life further as well as the lives of my family by crossing a busy 20 mile stretch of water on a dinghy. That’s for economics, not refuge.

I don’t know about you but if I was a refugee from oppression, I’d be happy to stay in the first safe country I came to and not risk my life further as well as the lives of my family by crossing a busy 20 mile stretch of water on a dinghy.
That would also apply as an economic migrant, more so if anything.

anyway, most of them do France takes over 100k a year to our 20k

That would also apply as an economic migrant, more so if anything.

anyway, most of them do France takes over 100k a year to our 20k
So, you agree that the the ones that risk their lives going from one safe country to another are more likely to be economic migrants than genuine refugees. Thanks. I don’t care how many France take. Or Italy. That’s just how it is - they are nearer to where they came from than we are. Can’t do anything about that unless we relocate the UK. :rolleyes:

So, you agree that the the ones that risk their lives going from one safe country to another are more likely to be economic migrants than genuine refugees. Thanks. I don’t care how many France take. Or Italy. That’s just how it is - they are nearer to where they came from than we are. Can’t do anything about that unless we relocate the UK. :rolleyes:

no I didn’t say that.

and no they aren’t economic migrants, it’s most likely due being pursuaded by people smugglers, or that they speak English, or they have relatives here.

why would they choose they UK, we have tougher rules than France or rest of Europe mostly.

There seems to be various views, but the general consensus in all the publication I've read, is that the UK is easier to find work on the black market, and that France , Italy etc don't treat immigrants as nice as we do (police brutality, gangs etc), with rules regs and Id cards, this makes refugees want to travel further to the UK.

Some already have links to the UK, and some speak English and feel it easier to settle in.

Some get told where to go by traffickers..

Once they are here, legal or not it's virtually impossible to then remove them. Even those that rape, murder, steal seem to have a level of protection above which they deserve.

Links below to left, right and centrist articles all with slight spins but essentially say the same thing

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-migra...than-stay-in-countries-like-France-or-Germany

https://www.infomigrants.net/en/post/27398/france-to-uk-why-do-migrants-risk-the-channel-crossing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spectator.co.uk/article/what-have-migrants-got-against-france-/amp

https://greenworld.org.uk/article/why-are-migrants-coming-uk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huff...s-stay-in-france_uk_580e0fade4b0fce107d15dfa/

we have tougher rules than France or rest of Europe mostly.

No we don't.

In Germany they have to register with the local police station, and have I'd cards.

In France the form filling is abysmal, they have to have I'd cards, and their benefits are related to how much they put into the system,

France was actually taken to court over human rights abuses regards to refugees and the treatment of..

In Europe if they treat the asylum seekers poorly they know they'll just move onto the next country, once they get to the UK there isn't anywhere else to go, and we cant through various reasons send them back if their application fails, so they automatically stay.

I don’t know about you but if I was a refugee from oppression, I’d be happy to seek refuge in the first safe country I came to

Which of the following languages do you speak, either sufficiently to navigate everyday life in shops, buses, asking directions; or sufficiently well to gain employment in your usual trade:

French
Finnish
Greek
Turkish
Italian
English
German

Which is the world's most widely-spoken second language?

Sponsored Links
Back