Loads of Albanians

Sponsored Links
But I haven't seen anything in the news to suggest Albania has widespread problems leading to an increase in people fleeing persecution.
And I didn't realise you were so well read of Albanian News.

I’m sure I read that the UK govt has arranged Albanian policemen to go to Calais and identify these Albanians and return those found to be criminals.

Sponsored Links
We should not let the Albanian issue conflate the argument to claim all the people arriving by boat are economic migrants

Suggesting that something new is happening in Albania to increase persecution or do you think it might be due to the better establishment of criminal support?
I've no idea and neither have you. The fact is that there is a system that handles people in this area that makes decisions about the people concerned. There are several reasons why these people may be allowed to stay. Having family here can even figure. These decisions are made. I posted info for you on the results and where the people are most likely to come from. Also general immigration figures which have also risen.

In 2019, the Office for National Statistics estimated that 47,000 people born in Albania and 29,000 people born in Kosovo were resident in the UK.
How about earlier on? Clearly there has been a fair number for some time.

Home Office figures released Thursday revealed 2,156 Albanians were recorded arriving in the U.K. in the first six months of 2022, out of a total of 12,747 people — compared with just 23 Albanians in the same period of the previous year.

2k out of 12k but a significant change. It appears some are allowed to stay - why? They must meet some rules or the other or perhaps it's a cheaper option than other things that could be done.

Rory made a point when talking to people about Afghanistan. The UK and USA picked a number and transported them. Neither met actual needs. Rory pointed out that not all Afghans can come here - it would be an impossible situation.

In real terms there is no point in bleating about particular groups and ignoring that the majority come from justifiable areas and also ignoring general immigration which looks rather different.

A few years of news has sensitised people to this area. Fact is nothing has been done about it. Things only get worse as the processing can't cope. Fewer and fewer are deported. Stopping the boats is only part of the problem but a nice easy thing for the gov to harp on about and still not really come up with a viable solution. Do you think Rwanda would work - can they accept these numbers?

Do they want to change the fundamental rules - I suspect not.

Last edited:
Seems legit.

Genuine Albanian asylum seekers running up the beach to escape before the authorities come, rather than just waiting to be saved now they are safe. :rolleyes:

Woody that has been happening for a few years, i.e. boatloads landing then scattering into the country unchecked; videos like that have long been on Nigel Farage's and other sites, and those sites have long been called racist for showing it. It is only in the past 2 years that it has been deemed worthy of being in the mainstream media, and that has resulted in the border patrols picking the migrants up and issuing daily figures of how many have been "rescued". The mainstream media, of course, being sympathetic with the migrants.

I caught a bit of the BBC TV news earlier, and the last report was about the 1000+ migrants hauled in today. The report was read in that jolly tone newsreaders have for for the comedy news items about talking parrots and the like. Go back about 10 years and noboby dared even say the words "migrant" or "immigrant" in the media, they were taboo. David Cameron, for all his faults, brought the matter into the open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woody that has been happening for a few years, i.e. boatloads landing then scattering into the country unchecked; videos like that have long been on Nigel Farage's and other sites, and those sites have long been called racist for showing it. It is only in the past 2 years that it has been deemed worthy of being in the mainstream media, and that has resulted in the border patrols picking the migrants up and issuing daily figures of how many have been "rescued". The mainstream media, of course, being sympathetic with the migrants. I caught a bit of the BBC TV news earlier, and the last report was about the 1000+ migrants hauled in today. The report was read in that jolly tone newsreaders have for for the comedy news items about talking parrots and the like.

Go back about 10 years and noboby dared even say the words "migrant" or "immigrant" in the media, they were taboo. David Cameron, for all his faults, brought the matter into the open.
Yes. I was just wondering if any of the GD sympathisers could explain why legitimate asylum seekers would want to run away instead of presenting themselves to the authorities and making their claim. It's most odd.

Seems legit.

Genuine Albanian asylum seekers running up the beach to escape before the authorities come, rather than just waiting to be saved now they are safe. :rolleyes:

How coincidental that Darren Grimes, a well known Anti-refugee activist, happened to be there as the boat of supposedly asylum seekers landed.
What were the chances of that happening?

And at the end, he asks them in English, are you abandoning the boat, and someone in the group replies, in English, with a local accent, "yes, we're abandoning the boat". :rolleyes:

Yes. I was just wondering if any of the GD sympathisers could explain why legitimate asylum seekers would want to run away instead of presenting themselves to the authorities and making their claim. It's most odd.
If what you claim is true, then my suggestion, of issuing a visa to allow asylum seekers to travel by regular means, would alleviate that problem also.
As they alight from regular travel means, they would be immediately met by Border Force, without any risk to life.

A tiny fraction of genuine asylum seekers are intent on coming to UK. The vast majority go elsewhere. Billions are wasted into trying to stop the few coming to UK.
Public propaganda stirs up hatred against them and other foreigners, and many are treated unjustly.
A visa that allowed them to travel by regular means would stop the people smugglers in their tracks because it would invalidate their potential market. It would make it unnecessary for asylum seekers to risk their lives crossing the channel, an objective supposedly of Priti Patel.
It would isolate any channel crossings by dingy as economic migrants.
The money saved could be used in more effective areas.
If the asylum process worked, it would have absolutely no effect on how many are successful and how many are returned. In fact, it would make it morally and humanely right, and lives would be saved.

Trying to stop asylum seekers crossing the channel by dingy is an ineffective, inefficient waste of time and money.
Trying to stir up hatred against foreigners is dangerous and divisive, because it does not and cannot differentiate between genuine asylum seekers and ordinary citizens who happen to look, or sound a bit different.
An alternative strategy is needed.

If what you claim is true, then my suggestion, of issuing a visa to allow asylum seekers to travel by regular means, would alleviate that problem also.
As they alight from regular travel means, they would be immediately met by Border Force, without any risk to life.

A tiny fraction of genuine asylum seekers are intent on coming to UK. The vast majority go elsewhere. Billions are wasted into trying to stop the few coming to UK.
Public propaganda stirs up hatred against them and other foreigners, and many are treated unjustly.
A visa that allowed them to travel by regular means would stop the people smugglers in their tracks because it would invalidate their potential market. It would make it unnecessary for asylum seekers to risk their lives crossing the channel, an objective supposedly of Priti Patel.
It would isolate any channel crossings by dingy as economic migrants.
The money saved could be used in more effective areas.
If the asylum process worked, it would have absolutely no effect on how many are successful and how many are returned. In fact, it would make it morally and humanely right, and lives would be saved.

Trying to stop asylum seekers crossing the channel by dingy is an ineffective, inefficient waste of time and money.
Trying to stir up hatred against foreigners is dangerous and divisive, because it does not and cannot differentiate between genuine asylum seekers and ordinary citizens who happen to look, or sound a bit different.
An alternative strategy is needed.
Woody has to justify the fact that the Tories wasted billions making their chums rich. He's desperate for his fellow gammons to look the other way. Who better to point at than foreigners.

Last edited:
I doubt that they think brexi t Britain is the land of milk and honey.

how many get deported after failing to qualify for asylum is the real question? How long does that take and what happens to people in the meantime. A lack of proper control sounds like most of the problem

Bring in ID cards.
Anyone who doesn't have one by Christmas, gets shot.

January, no immigrants
Sorted.

Sponsored Links
Back