Location Location Location

K

kkynaston

Having a wonderful time on our Honeymoon here in Yorkshire but I felt complelled to show you all this delightful installation which I eventually found when I needed to reset the RCD after the sauna got too steamy :LOL:

Where oh where is the damn CU? No it can't be (To quote lee evans "its always the last place you look" and it really was)
S7300838.jpg

Also, where exactly do I isolate the cooker in case of emergency???
S7300839.jpg

and
S7300841.jpg

Apart from those glaring issues we are having a fantastic time ;)
Weather has been good and we have uninterrupted views over ilkley moor and Bradford :LOL:

So hello local forum goers! :LOL: hope this wasn't one of your installations ;)

Sponsored Links
Those middle-class push fit plumbing fittings are popular amongst DIYers.
So my guess is the whole lot, including the electrics, is a DIY lash-up.

Sponsored Links
I am sure Mr kk will be able to confirm.
Although I am concerned that he may have, on occasions, neglected Mrs kk on their honeymoon.
Mrs kk "Darling, I’m waiting for you in the bedroom"
Mr kk "Can you start without me honey, I've just got to take one more picture to demonstrate the appalling standard of this electrical installation…"

You poor sad person, on your honeymoon & you have nothing better to do than post here :(

I agree KK what was the Electrician thinking of installing the C.U so tight up agaist that Stop cock..he could have at least left a bit more space for the Plumber to get his hand in...tut !tut !....Its o.k. though because he may have made a Comment on it in the Departures box on his E.I.C.
:LOL: :LOL:

Round these parts you can put the address into the council website and it comes up with all recently notified electrical installations. If its got RCDs then it's probably recent.

Not mine!!!! Rob?

Couldn't possibly comment. :LOL:

I'm trying to workout where the honeymoon place is. Must be just round the corner from me somewhere.

Oh, there is no way that board is new enough to have needed notifying.

It could be if it was moved from somewhere else.

Looking it up on the council website would only demonsterate a registered electrician did the work. Nothing else, and would rebut the earlier accusation that it was done by a 'diyer'. It doesn't prove anything else really, should just be done for interest.

That's Hep2o - the Rolls Royce of plastic pushfit, and used extensively in my own DIY lash-up. The electrician obviously appreciated this and saw no issue in having a potential leaking/burst fitting aimed into a hole in the top of the CU. Tidy work.

Liam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back