Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is more burner related
Worcester heatslave 15 19 oil boiler
It is a bentone b9 burner made in 1999
With a danfoss bfp 21 l3 oil pump .

The boiler will run fine with heating on but about 1 in every 3 or 4 times it goes to start up it will lock out , I will press the lockout button and it will run again .
I can tell when it's going to lock out as i can hear a buzzing noise instead of it starting up like normal with the fan and then the ignition .
It will only lock out like this on start up and never while running .

I have changed the solenoid coil on the burner and checked and cleaned the filter ,
Checked the photocell which was clean .
Checked oil is coming as it could and bled the oil pump. Also checked the fan motor was spinning nice and freely which it was ,

I am looking for advice before I go and further spending more money and taking more apart .

And advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Thanks , I will search online for more info on this now .
is there any way of checking it is this and not the motor itself or the oil pump ?
The oil pump does turn and is not siezed , but could I try run the boiler with the drive of the motor not attached to the oil pump ?

If you have a multimeter with a capacitance range measure it.

The cap provides the phase change to give a rotating magnetic field.
Under no load conditions it will probably work.

Sponsored Links
Thanks , I'm not great with a multimeter , .I have been able to source a new motor with capacitor , and I may aswell get a new oil pump too as it's probably well over due , I will fit these tomorrow and let you know how I get on ,
Thanks again.

Have you got an oil pressure gauge , Smoke pump and FGA.??

If not just swap the cap !!!

No I don't , that was going to be my next question about the pump if I will meet to get someone offtec certified to fit it ?
Can I not change the motor without this ?
I only ask because where I am buying it from locally tomorrow does not sell the capacitor on its own just with the motor , but I could always take itnof and fit it to my current one .

No I don't , that was going to be my next question about the pump if I will meet to get someone offtec certified to fit it ?
Can I not change the motor without this ?
I only ask because where I am buying it from locally tomorrow does not sell the capacitor on its own just with the motor , but I could always take itnof and fit it to my current one .
How much is the motor ?

£70 , can get motor and capacitor tomorrow might be Tuesday to be able to get just capacitor , my house is cold. haha

I will try phone other places for just capacitor in morning ,

A 4mf capacitor of any size/mount can be employed and held to the motor by cable ties. There are only 2 connections and they are not polarised.

Great , is there anywhere other than a heating supply shop that I might get one on a Saturday?

Going to try my best with a multimeter tonight .

Attachments

• DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0035.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 302

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back