Loose backbox plug socket

Sponsored Links
To fit the dry line box you only need to remove a
Small amount of wood.

Just drill some 10mm? Holes where the yellow bit needs to stick out.

Just a flat blade screw driver as chisel lol
I didn't want to start messing with the stud part so I cut the left side and superglued it I'll
Maybe just me but i would not be happy with that on a Drylining box.
There called FLAT plate for a reason.
It will sit aprox 1mm from the wall and the White bit may be visible
Ill try a long screw through the middle at an angle first and see if that gives it more support I'll also put a screw directly in the front left of the box (fingers crossed)

Metal boxes are rigid and dont bend , angled screws are a bodge and risk the heads damaging the cables.
Go back to step 1, its clear the old box was held with 1 screw and that was the problem.
All you need is Two screws at least 25mm long straight into the wood stud, but Closer to the Right edge of the stud, aprox 10 mm in so it dont split, if you have penny washers also use them, this will spread the load of the fixing even more.
Drill new holes in the metal box if needbe.

If you still have doubts even put 4 screws into the stud, the main thing is some of them are as close to the boxes centre as possible but secure into the wood stud.

Sponsored Links
Managed to get a few more screws in I didn't have any m6 penny washers used what I had spare it's alot stronger now.

IMG_20200716_120950.jpg

maybe, also glue a small strip of wood behind the plasterboard on the right, then you could put one extra supporting screw into that?

Haha yeah it's back on (y)

I didn't fancy glueing wood to the back.

Thank you all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back