Loud Shuddering noise from hot tap and possibly heating

Sponsored Links
Do you have 1/4 turn taps? If one or more are failing, then this could be your noise. When you open the tap do any others start to run, drip, trickle?
I have a quarter turn kitchen tap that drips, but no noise cones from it, noise is only from bathroom bath hot tap.

I have a quarter turn kitchen tap that drips, but no noise cones from it, noise is only from bathroom bath hot tap.

What type of tap is bathroom? Also fix kitchen one and your bathroom one should no longer make noise - you'd be surprised

Sponsored Links
Another clue : the cold tap in the bath has now started behaving strangely, you turn it on, not much comes out. I turn it off and on a few times and it kind of builds up to a normal flow. Very weird. Does this all point to washers etc?

Oh, and the bath tap is a mixer tap with two normal turning spindles. Thanks

All Fixed - just replaced the taps, they were knackered - tried to take apart but screws etc were disinegrating! thanks all

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back