LUKEWARM Heritage Glastonbury Exposed Valve Thermostatic shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As an early Xmas present, our shower has decided to play up. Now runs lukewarm only so looking for guidance.

The shower offers:
- cold (first 60-deg turn of handle)
- lukewarm (remainder of movement)

Shower has been fitted approx 5 years. Hot ran from a Worcester Bosch combi. Cold appears to be direct from mains.

Same pipework feeds the basin (with separate hot/cold taps) = water temperature is fine/as expected there.

Isolating cold feed to shower returns plenty hot water at shower. Reverse when isolating hot - so water appears to be reaching the mixer valve (and head).

Manual refers to cleaning the valve, thermostat and piston with running water. Had them out, no signs of wear/damage so popped them back in. Manual refers to greasing them but vague on which bit(s) to grease [FYI - I have molyprop greased the o-rings]

After popping it back together, I've also followed the procedure for adjusting the temperature but can only achieve the same range of cold <> lukewarm.

My assumption is the thermostat has failed(?).

Post Xmas (wife so playtime is over pre-Xmas!!), I'm planning on taking it apart.

I've notice photos of replacement thermostat (SIRRUS 740012) shows the small piston pertruding where as I'm sure mine was flush at the end (need to check). I was planning on dipping it in hot/cold water to test its movement - I'm sure I've seen that done before.

Is there anything else I can try?
I've been reading post about problems with main fed cold water - could this be linked? (Remember shower has been fitted approx 5 years). Manual says it can be installed in this way - shows a restricted and I haven't located one of those.

Any guidance on what/where to grease?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back