Maintaining boiler warranty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are in the process of moving house, the house we are buying is currently empty and had a new Baxi boiler fitted on 23rd October 2017.

I know that annual services are required to keep the warranty active but wondered (in real world terms) what leeway would be given to service dates in these circumstances?

I have spoken to Baxi and been told that some delay in carrying out the service is acceptable but didn't give me any figures as to what delay would be deemed to be ok, they just said get it done as soon as possible.

Given that we do not yet have a completion date I cannot say when that will be.

I considered asking the vendor to pay for the service to be done, send me the bill and I will refund it when the sale completes, just wondered what the experience on here would suggest is the maximum acceptable overun on the service date that would not compromise the warranty?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
just ask baxi to service it once you have completed and explain the situation, they will be fine with it

I considered asking the vendor to pay for the service to be done, send me the bill and I will refund it when the sale completes
It's not your responsibility to have the boiler serviced, it's the vendor's.
The standard documents, sent by your conveyancer/solicitor to the vendors, asks if the boiler had a warranty and whether the required services had been carried out. As the service has not been carried out, your conveyancer should make it a condition of the contract that the service is carried out before completion at the vendor's expense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back