Maintenace free car

Bengagasman if you think global warming is an illusion look out of the window for your evidence. We can't as far as i know ultilise co2 as a fuel. I wouldn't advocate fuel cells, using electricity to make hydrogen to make electricity, but electricity to make hydogen to burn in the same manner as petrol now seems a good shout.
Goldberg we might not pay less in taxes, but at least this would be one i could dodge. I think there has been something in the news recently about the public spirited atitude of M.P's. :D

Sponsored Links
...Do you see the government as a group of individuals who make only those laws from which they can personally gain?
In the light of recent developments, it would appear that that is a distinct possibility. Or at least they don't seem to be too keen on taking measures that reduces their income.

Bengegasman if you think global warming is an illusion look out of the window for your evidence.
What do you mean? Today, it was a full 5 degrees below average, but even if it was 5 degrees higher, that does not tell you what the cause is.

I did not say the average global temperature is going up, what I said was: there is absolutely no proof that the increase is anthropogenic.

Do you have any idea what this so called disastrous increase is per century?

Roughly 1000 years ago, there was a very similar temperature increase over a similar period as quoted by the ipcc; exactly who was responsible for CO2 ouptut? Monks burning candles?

...Do you see the government as a group of individuals who make only those laws from which they can personally gain?
In the light of recent developments, it would appear that that is a distinct possibility. Or at least they don't seem to be too keen on taking measures that reduces their income.
I would tend to agree with that, but does anyone seriously believe that personal profit is their sole aim?

For example, everyone got annoyed about the recent disclosure of 'misfiled' expenses, but the amounts involved were tiny droplets in the ocean of global financial meltdown. Surely a truly evil and cunning politician would cover his/her tracks better, so we were perchance annoyed merely at their stupidity in being found out?

Sponsored Links
If the temperature rises by as much as predicted then we won't be able to grow anything to eat here, going to tescos won't help, they won't have anything either. Do you think that all the people who currently live to the south of us are going to be content to bask in sahara like conditions with nothing to eat and drink. I would put money on them doing what people have always done, move. Except this time there will be nowhere to go that isn't already overcrowded with humanity. Do you think that these people would respect property rights or the rule of law? Anything, however small, that we can do to lower the effects of climate change has got to be worth doing.

Goldberg, no we were annoyed at the grasping meaness of it all, grabbing every last bit that they can possibly screw out of us the taxpayers. Its all in the rules,so never mind the moral stance that ordinary people are finding it increasingly hard just to make ends meet. No ones going to give me a sub for a new bath plug or a duck house, pay my mortgage or employ my kids to do some 'research'. As someones already said, the last man to enter parliament with honest intent was guy fawkes.

If the temperature rises by as much as predicted...

And how much do you think that is? Not a secret, the date are all over the web, you can even compare IPCC data with CET figures.

then we won't be able to grow anything to eat here...

I could be wrong, but I think countries like Spain, Italy and other Mediterranean countries do rather well in farming, and at the current rate it will be a thousand years before we come anywhere near.

Anything, however small, that we can do to lower the effects of climate change has got to be worth doing.

You seem to be missing the fact that there is absolutely no proof that the temperature increase is anthropogenic.

Goldberg, no we were annoyed at the grasping meaness of it all, grabbing every last bit that they can possibly screw out of us the taxpayers. Its all in the rules,so never mind the moral stance that ordinary people are finding it increasingly hard just to make ends meet. No ones going to give me a sub for a new bath plug or a duck house, pay my mortgage or employ my kids to do some 'research'. As someones already said, the last man to enter parliament with honest intent was guy fawkes.
I don't understand.

If you were certain, be it borne out of cynicism or otherwise, that all politicians have always been graspingly mean, why are you annoyed at them when you see the evidence that finally supports your belief?

...I would tend to agree with that, but does anyone seriously believe that personal profit is their sole aim?

Few people will think it is their sole aim, but that is not really the issue. What is the issue, is that there are dozens if not hundreds of politicians whose behaviour is at best seriously questionable. They are either to dumb to realise that what they did is wrong (even though not prosecutable), or they have willfully lined their pockets at the cost of taxpayers, cunningly using the loopholes.

For example, everyone got annoyed about the recent disclosure of 'misfiled' expenses, but the amounts involved were tiny droplets in the ocean of global financial meltdown. Surely a truly evil and cunning politician would cover his/her tracks better, so we were perchance annoyed merely at their stupidity in being found out?

What bothers me, and no doubt millions of others, is the sheer contempt for the public they have displayed in both filling their own pockets as well as saying: "what is your problem? The law said I could grab the money, so I did."

How many people have you found that said: "An £8000 pound tv? Sure a MP needs that in his second home to do his job."

The guidlines clearly state: fully necessary, obtaining value for money.

Others have claimed thousands for mote cleaning, duckhouses, cleaners, not to mention the millions that have been swindled by flipping houses.
Live here for one year, £23000, thank you. Change address the next year (on paper) another £23000, thank you. Next year the same. Next year the same.
No, I don't believe that these people give one single solitary $hit about me.

I have been reading about this Nano for over a year now, the export version may be a diesel [less pollution]also notice steering wheel is the same as us here in the UK , so no extra cost re exporting it to UK, where do they have enough roads in India to drive these cars on ! very few I should imagine, have read that VW;Renault;and a few others are in a panic over the cheapness of the car which is expected to sell here in the UK for about $4000

Sponsored Links
Back