making safe a disused connection

They are not approved for proving dead, so can not be used to perform safe isolation.

Sponsored Links
....sort of a belt and braces approach is to snip off any bare conductors, then push the covered wires into your choccy block and tighten down without piercing the insulator.
John :)

TCH, as Andy Capp might say. Recipe for disaster.

As said though, any exposed cable ends need to be in some form of enclosure, a pattress (aka moulded box, aka surface mount box) and a blanking plate (aka blank plate) are the best way. And again, as said, connect to a connector block. Not sure what size wiring you have, but 15 amp connector blocks should do the job.

Thanks that was very helpful. I think I will just put them in the connectors , behind the blanking plate.n That should be safe enough. Would disable the fuse but it is powering some sockets as well.
Thanks once again.

Thanks that was very helpful. I think I will just put them in the connectors , behind the blanking plate.n That should be safe enough. Would disable the fuse but it is powering some sockets as well.
Thanks once again.

You got a back box as well?

Sponsored Links
Yes there is a galvanised socket box recessed in the wall. I can attach the blanking plate to this with screws. Do you think I should seal it with silicone as well? I have 30 am connectors already so I will use them. Thanks again. Lynne

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back