Makita HS300DWE 85mm circular saw opinions

Sponsored Links
just bought the bosch version
very similar in several ways
cuts really well up to 26mm
have been playing with it today 6/9/12mm cuts clean and crisp

I have the Makita 10.8 v circular saw and its awful very underpowered and can be quite dangerous as the blade guard sticks and chippings get caught between the saw blade and the guard.

I have the Makita 10.8 v circular saw and its awful very underpowered and can be quite dangerous as the blade guard sticks and chippings get caught between the saw blade and the guard.

what material and what thickness where you cutting streetlighter ??
will try and replicate and make a comparison if possible

Sponsored Links
I have the 18V 610 too. It's fantastic and the amount of work it will do on a 4Ah battery is pretty amazing and would be a much better bet for you - especially if you have other Makita 18V kit and can buy it body only as I did.

I seriously doubt the 10.8V will be man enough for you unless it's very light use and you have other 10.8V kit to share batteries with.

I have the 18V 610 too. It's fantastic and the amount of work it will do on a 4Ah battery is pretty amazing and would be a much better bet for you - especially if you have other Makita 18V kit and can buy it body only as I did.

I seriously doubt the 10.8V will be man enough for you unless it's very light use and you have other 10.8V kit to share batteries with.

Yea the 610 is amazing, better than the 611 as the 610 is active break. Fantastic feature on a Circular too!

I've not got the 4ah batteries though :(

I've cut 50mm thick stuff I think on the 610. It's got ALOT of power to it.

I think I picked mine up brand new on eBay power seller for £115 Body only.

That says DSS610 not the BSS610 (assume new model?) Looks same spec.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Makita-DS...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item1c40e5aac2

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

fairly sure like me its a smaller lighter tool to get in tighter areas to supplement the main tools thats required here :D

I have the bosch 10.8 version it came with 2x 2.0ah batteries got it from ffx tools for less money than the one shown, it will cut floor boards if you are a plumber or a spark with less dust.

just to feeback, I picked up a 10.8v kit from tools4trade, which I think was an absolute steal here :

http://www.tools4trade.co.uk/makita...-circular-saw-bare-unit-mak-108kit-3-p-153748

I didnt realise the circ was so small and when I turned it on it didn't seem to have much power so I was a bit worried, however, having put it to use already it cuts through up to 1" ply with no bother and absolutely fine on floor boards etc. Was using the impact as well which is more than man enough for regular screws for hanging rads. Its definitely been a worthwhile purchase and would recommend, especially as I've just taken a trainee on so we wasnt sharing kit. I've just ordered a couple more batteries as although I never run them down I was regularly charging and rotating them. so be handy to have a couple more and Im also ordering the 10.8v vacuum as well.
I have another circ which is 240v when things get a bit more serious, although might retire this in favour of an 18v jobbie as i already have 18v makita kit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back