Man Bags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on the tv this morning... discussion about the male equivalent of handbags.

Apparently they are the 'in' thing for men.

At first I thought oh no..... the thought of one of my teachers at school who had a purple crocheted bag with tassles sprang to mind!!!

I have changed my mind though now, having seen some available. They actually look more like satchels really, leather bag with strap.

It seems that some men wouldnt be seen dead with one in case they are looked upon as being too 'girly'.

I would be quite happy to be in company with my hub or with male pals who carried a man bag/ satchel.
I think it is a very good idea and would save me from having to put his things in mine!!!!

What do you think.... who would carry one or has actually got a man bag?

Sponsored Links
I have a man bag, and I'm proud !! A grey fabric one, with a black, red and white strap.

Main reson is for the summer, because I found that increasingly, the main reason I wore a coat was to have somewhere to put all my stuff, like wallets, keys, phones, notepads, etc. and didn't like having my trousers stuffed with them instead. Bought a bag off eBay last summer and haven't looked back.....

Some people take the Mick, but that's their problem, not mine !!

the men in europe have had "man bags" for a long time.....i think they call them purses.and when you see them walking with them they look ok.(the purses i mean)just a question of culture i suppose.

My bag......

spa00396yb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yeah I'd be happy to be seen with you carrying that. Kinda looks like a camera case though and some 'man bags' I've seen look like laptop bags, do you all think there might be a problem with these bags getting snatched? :confused:

well guys, here are some bag carrying tips...
carry it with the opening side against your body to make stealing from it more difficult.
Wearing it across your body means it cant be just snatched from your shoulder.

They're not for me - I guess I grew up socially conditioned not to have a bag and now don't need one. If I have anything more than the phone/organiser and wallet and keys it gets put it the wife's proper handbag, but that's very rare.

There's something magical about women's handbags and I want that to remain.

Down with manbags.

Wearing it across your body means it cant be just snatched from your shoulder.

They use a small stanley knife to cut the strap from behind...So i've read.
and then they're off like the clappers.

oh notb!!!!

Although I do have small 'going out' bags, my main handbag is like the tardis and does contain everything but the kitchen sink.
Kids always like to ratch in them and I think I know what you mean about the 'magical' thing.

I do get sick of having to put hubs phone, wallet, camera, sunglasses, keys etc. in mine sometimes.

I have noticed that mens clothing (even summer shorts tend to have loads of pockets.......but dont you feel weighed down with full pockets?)

Can you not think of the bag as like midway from a wallet to a small rucksack? almost like a bum bag thing?

toffee said:
oh notb!!!!

I have noticed that mens clothing (even summer shorts tend to have loads of pockets.......but dont you feel weighed down with full pockets?)

Erm... that's something in their underpants - not their pockets.

joe

toffee said:
oh notb!!!!

Although I do have small 'going out' bags, my main handbag is like the tardis and does contain everything but the kitchen sink.
Kids always like to ratch in them and I think I know what you mean about the 'magical' thing.

Like Mary Poppins and her hatstand. Mmm mmm. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I do wear my bag across the body, and the only time it has caused a problem was last year when I was away on business in the US, and had to pass my time on Sunday so went to the beach. It was extremely hot, and given the fact that I was 3000 miles from home, unlikely to see anyone I knew, and also in the land of the fat, I plucked up the courage to take my shirt off for the afternoon, but kept the bag on as I walked about.

That night, I looked like a no-entry sign that had been turned at an angle (or Van Halen's Diver Down album, for the rock fans out there)

Sponsored Links
Back