SCUM BAGS

Sponsored Links
anobium said:
Point taken pickles, but the youth then did'nt go around in gangs beating up total strangers for no reason at all.

Oh yes they did, Harlow new town was a place you could get your head kicked in at lunch time on a week day.

oilman said:
anobium said:
Point taken pickles, but the youth then did'nt go around in gangs beating up total strangers for no reason at all.

Oh yes they did, Harlow new town was a place you could get your head kicked in at lunch time on a week day.

Ok I sure that there are lots of exceptions, I dont know what age you are but, you must accept that random violence is more prevalent today than it was in the sixties.
Yes before anybody starts qouting the mods and rockers, they only knocked seven bells out of each other.
I come from an age earlier than even then , ie the age of cloggers, teddy boys, etc and even then with all the poverty that was about, there wasnt the violence that there is now.
Bring back national service and see how tough they are then.
OMG I begging to sound like , oh god what his name, ukw in dads army.

teddyboys,Running battles with blacks in Notting Hill in the 50s :eek:

Sponsored Links
Im always spouting how lucky I am to live in a low crime area.

However, in the rural areas, where my friends and I grew up in, there seems to be a distinct change in society and crime levels.

I have asked about this, health workers, police, housing, and business.

What is the thread running through all answers is that problem families are drafted into low crime areas.

They 'take over' the areas in small and larger ways and there are not the resources (professional) to deal with them)

The children being from sometimes rougher environments who hold no respect for morals/ neighbours/ rules/ keeping the peace intimidate the other children into being the same.

The families of said children, are too fearful to go round to the houses of these children in case they get beaten up or their tyres slashed.

The police cant act without witesses and people are scared to speak up where they once would because of fear.

I watch this and sadly it appears to be true.

I dont know how it can be remedied.

I spoke once with a housing body (privatised now of course) who as an experiment moved the problematic families , or high risk families all around a city as opposed to condensing the major problems to one or two areas.

Catastrophic effects.

People say, if you have a well kept area, then people take a pride in it and want to keep it that way.

That is true.. you can replicate that in your house (and what happens when one sock is left on the floor..it quickly multiplies)

However, when people who are unreasonable and violent come into an area, they do what they like.

I have worked with children who have fallen fall of the law.
They once came into a session where crayons were left out from when young children had been drawing.

I was late and when I came in, here they were drawing away... colouring in.
I left them to it and then we left their pictures on display for the week. (kids upto 17)
We gave them a group name and put them on the wall.

The kids were very protective of their pictures and though they threatened others with violence if they defaced them, it showed them a sense of belonging and purpose.

Too bad they couldnt transfer this sense of responsibility when they later trashed the garden of an old lady near by who complained about them throwing butt ends into her garden!!

I have also done drama with young people at risk and it really good.
We do scenarios like a car has been damaged or stolen and everyone gets a part to play.
There is no script... and the kids have to play the victim, the police, the insurance company, the one who pinched/ damaged the car etc...

The little buggers... they can have torched a car the week before and then can be in tears as they act out ( no need to be able to read as no script) the part of a victim!!!

Im still hoping they transfer that to real life!!

Ok... I waffle!

Toffee, I am really impressed with that post!
What is your line of work,(excuse me if you dont want to say) but you seem to be really trying to help with problems and trying to make a difference, Applause all the way, We're tied up with making life better for disabled kids, saving schools from closure and all that, but to help kids who amount to little more than thugs, well, as they say Kudos to you.
For what its worth, i think that all kids should belong to a youth group such as The Scout Association etc good leaders can do wonders for all kids, good and not so good.

yes, dellsmp,
but groups dont want trouble kids to be involved and I understand why.
As adults we can understand that we can be part of a bigger picture.
Children cannot be burdened with being the mentor of a maybe very destructive child or adolescent. (schools do this sometimes and it is not fair)

Also, many grants are available that target at risk children but then when the time runs out... the kids are discarded.

I do work professionally and voluntarily for kids and adults.
sometimes I just come home and shake my head...
I do not form part of the pc brigade in that I believe there should be consequences to bad behaviour.

Give any pc brigade a difficult child for just one month and let us see their thoughts.

where is that bottle of red???

Im working tomorrow!!!!!!

I just think... I have three children and there for the grace of god go I...
(ha Im not greatly religious at all) but I mean.. I may be faced with awesome problems when my kids grow up..
everyone is some mothers son.
People grow up from horrendous beginnings and they desrve a chance to see a better way.
If they still dont see it.. then my opinion changes.

anobium said:
Bring back national service and see how tough they are then..
Brilliant idea - take a bunch of disaffected, disorganised, unfit hoodlums, and turn them out fitter, better trained, and with an institutionalised hatred of authority.....

masona said:
24hr drinking polices, is that the best they can do? I give up.

You're dead right Masona!

24 hour drinking does have alot to answer for - we are seeing more and more young people with alcohol related life threatening problems at younger and younger ages. Not to mention the STI's, pregnancy and rape situations which stem from alcohol fuelled behaviours

I did a stint in a City centre casualty about 20yrs ago - patients presenting with alcohol related problems were a rarity - even at the weekend (nights). I have a friend who works there currently she says well over three quarters of the patients presenting now even during the week are in some way related to alcohol.

I feel really sorry for the police and the A&E departments having to put up with their alcohol fuelled behaviours :cry:

OI,,,,,, !!!! ...........LADY

How are you ?????

Good I hope .. Im full of drunks/pills ...Im getting the sh*t about

went out earlier .... nightmare

went out with family an her mum kept getting pints of stella ordererd for me .....she knows Im trying give up ......

a big cough an then uurgh an a drink of water ...an look upwards to that bitch /smirk .......;) ;) ;)

Moz said:
OI,,,,,, !!!! ...........LADY

How are you ?????

Good I hope .. Im full of drunks/pills ...Im getting the sh*t about

went out earlier .... nightmare

went out with family an her mum kept getting pints of stella ordererd for me .....she knows Im trying give up ......

a big cough an then uurgh an a drink of water ...an look upwards to that **** /smirk .......;) ;) ;)

Where've you been? - it's been noticed that you've not been about y'know ;) ;) :LOL:

I'm good - thanks.......chasing Henrycat in at night (we're in a new house now and no cat flap at the moment) otherwise he howls like a banshee if we leave him out!! :LOL: :LOL:

You've not been down at the saunas seeing Miss Whiplash have you??!! :eek: ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

JulieL/B, just a quick point, I dont think its fair to blame 24h drinking for anything yet, as it was only introduced a few months ago, and the long term effects of it have not yet been properly seen.

Hardly anyone has applied for the 24h license, and when they do, strict guidelines will be applied to the licenses in order that disorderly behaviour in unsocial hours etc is kept to a minimum.

Some places in Doncaster used to open till 4am occasionally even before the new licensing rules. Think they served alcohol till 3, then kicked out at 4. A lot of people had left by 3:30 though.

Now i think about it, perhaps there's an alterior motive to their longer hours - people dont WANT to be there until 4, but they leave the place over a longer period of time - less disorder outside. i conclude the longer hours to be a Good Idea in this case ;)

And another point - one of my friends tripped in a pub in Doncaster about a year ago. About midnight i think. Actually wasn't that drunk, there was broken glass on the floor. 2 friends accompanied him in the ambulance. When they got to A&E, it was about an hour before they saw anyone - they just assumed he had "brought it on thru being drunk" but he hadn't, it could have happened to anyone in any state of sobriety or drunkeness - dont judge a book by its cover ;)

Up date with the sister's lad, he's a bit sore all over his body, and has a black eye and a big bump on the back of his head.

What he remembers is, he was walking along the street and the bunch of young lads were on the same side of the street, so he started to walk through them, then one of them elbowed him in the back so he turned round, just as he turned one of them smacked him in the eye and he fell backwards hitting his head off the ground, knocking him out.

Sponsored Links
Back