Masona's mobile phone

Sponsored Links
They take over your life!

But seriously, I didn't have a mobile phone and it was never a problem. Sometimes I was in a situation where I thought it would be good to be able to call, if I was lost perhaps. But before mobiles what did we do? We just arranged a time and place in advance. We made sure we had directions before we set out.

Mobiles just make you lazy. :LOL:

And another thing. I got a package with 500 minutes and 100 texts. I never used to make 8 hours of calls a month before I had it. But now I've got it, I feel obliged to use them! In fact, when I was upgrading the other week I actually paused to think "Should I go for the bigger package with more minutes?" :eek:

notb665 said:
masona said:
I don't owned a mobile

I would be interested to know why! Luddite!
I was born with Profoundly deafness and cannot hear at all :cry:

I wear a very powerful BTE hearing aids and just about hear some sounds with the aids but I mainly lipread, I cannot go near any mobile phone or mircowave because of the magnetic field they created so you get a buzzing noise interference.

The intererence start about 30 seconds before the mobile phone even ringing so I tell my wife to get ready to answer the phone :)

The intererence start about 30 seconds before the mobile phone even ringing
it can predict the future? 30 seconds before the phone rings, the number hasn't been dialed! :eek: you may have discovered an amazing machine there! :LOL:

But in know what you mean, the mobile phone interference is audible on any nearby amplifier circuitry - the signal telling the phone to start ringing and the caller display signal is sent before the phone actually rings.

Sponsored Links
Ahhh! I wondered why it's happening, I even know when the train is coming at the station within 3 minutes but the buzzing goes when I'm on the train. I make a good train guard :LOL: Doesn't happen on the underground train though. Sometime I hear it in my car :confused: I'm guessing I'm passing near a mobile tower mast somewhere.

crafty1289 said:
But in know what you mean, the mobile phone interference is audible on any nearby amplifier circuitry - the signal telling the phone to start ringing and the caller display signal is sent before the phone actually rings.

Is it then also possible that an amplifier (in this case tv going tuck-tuck-tuck very softly) 'catches' a kind of roaming signal send to a mobile (which is closeby that tv). With roamaing I mean, not a call or text coming through?
Happens frequently now with my new phone.

WoodYouLike said:
Is it then also possible that an amplifier (in this case tv going tuck-tuck-tuck very softly) 'catches' a kind of roaming signal send to a mobile (which is closeby that tv). With roamaing I mean, not a call or text coming through?
Happens frequently now with my new phone.
The "tuck tuck" sound from your tv sounds more like the HT circuit arcing, either the HT transformer's insulation is breaking down or a loose connection to the transformers output is causing it to arc, an arc will transmit over a wide band of RF causing interference.

Not sure about that. It only happens when one or both mobiles are close by the tv (not that old, 7 years Philips wide screen. Second tv, below the Philips, for broadcasting the sound ;-( - strange English system with two separate channels - is rather old, but I still think it's the Philips making this soft tuck-tuck-tuck sound)

I think you've all got it wrong.

The interference that you get in TVs and the like isn't caused by the incoming signal at all. It's caused by a mobile phone handset that is going through the 'handshake' between transmitter and handset to establish a channel.

The interference you get is caused when the handset emmits a signal for the phone mast to pick up. If your RF circuit is close to the handset where the signal is strongest then it will induce a current in the RF circuit of the TV which is then amplified and comes out as noise from the speaker.

joe

WoodYouLike said:
Not sure about that. It only happens when one or both mobiles are close by the tv (not that old, 7 years Philips wide screen. Second tv, below the Philips, for broadcasting the sound ;-( - strange English system with two separate channels - is rather old, but I still think it's the Philips making this soft tuck-tuck-tuck sound)
the arcing will transmit over a short distance, does the screen flicker in time with the ticking?

That's what I said: roaming signal without a call or text being received/send.

WoodYouLike said:
That's what I said: roaming signal without a call or text being received/send.

It doesn't need to be your phone. It happens from phones out on the street.

joe

kendor said:
the arcing will transmit over a short distance, does the screen flicker in time with the ticking?
Nor sure about that Kendor, I will keep 'an eye' on that ;) Are you still sure it's our tv failing? (Hmm, nice Xmas present ;))

WoodYouLike said:
kendor said:
Nor sure about that Kendor, I will keep 'an eye' on that ;) Are you still sure it's our tv failing? (Hmm, nice Xmas present ;))
just a possibility, the roaming signal you mention sounds more like a tonal noise than a ticking or tucking sound that's why i plumped for the possible HT fault.

Sorry Off Topic!
Just want to say Masona has a simply splendid phase at foot of his posts, he may have created it himself of pinched it.....who cares, nice one!

Sponsored Links
Back