May 23rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK of course.
But people will blame the EU for freedom of movement I guess.

Sponsored Links
WT*??

You cannot conceive of any restriction other than a cap? If a night club let in as many people who turned up but not if they were wearing jeans or trainers you would think that there were no restrictions on who they would admit?

Really?

That's not what I think at all but that's not what I was asking either, as I've said many times already, by volume. All I can think is you must be defective.

Synonymous with volume is capacity.

Is there a government or legislative restriction on the amount of immigration from within or outside of the EU?

@JohnD won't answer the questions because he knows by volume immigration is unrestricted. Rather than just answering it, he keeps mentioning other users.

I asked the question.

Is there a government or legislative restriction on the amount of immigration from within or outside of the EU?

Simple yes or no would suffice.

Immigration is restricted. This country does not have unrestricted immigration.

I have said so numerous times.

Silly sammy is trying to get a different answer.

Immigration is restricted. This country does not have unrestricted immigration.

I have said so numerous times.

Silly sammy is trying to get a different answer.

Answer the question I asked.

I'm not trying to get a different answer, I'm trying to get any answer to the question I asked, so far you have been unwilling (or unable) to give.

Sponsored Links
The problem is that you keep asking the question "what's the cap" in response to the observation that immigration is not unrestricted.

You do so despite having earlier quoted a definition of restrict which clearly shows that it means things other than a cap or upper limit.

You also suffer from a failure to understand what other words mean.

EU citizens exercising their right to move within the EU are not immigrants.

The problem is that you keep asking the question "what's the cap" in response to the observation that immigration is not unrestricted.

You do so despite having earlier quoted a definition of restrict which clearly shows that it means things other than a cap or upper limit.

You also suffer from a failure to understand what other words mean.

EU citizens exercising their right to move within the EU are not immigrants.
Immigration has traditionally meant to move to a different country. Migrate too. As the EU is not one country, it could be fair to use immigrants in that sense.
I just think now that people see the word 'immigrants' as some sort of negative word because of the likes of Farage etc.. It shouldn't be, it should just be used correctly.

And it does mean just that at the same time. Amazing how language works isn't it.

Perhaps you could grace us with an answer seeing as it's unlikely John will.

citizens exercising their right to move within the EU are not immigrants.

Might be worth your while to let the ONS know as they seem to think otherwise.

And it does mean just that at the same time. Amazing how language works isn't it.
Too amazingly for you to get your head round, it seems.

If a word has, say, 4 meanings, and because of one of them it is apposite in a particular situation you can't claim that it is not apposite because it doesn't have all or any of the other 3.

Perhaps you could grace us with an answer seeing as it's unlikely John will.
OK.

Yes.

Perhaps you could share the legislation in place and figure at which inward immigration is stopped?

Too amazingly for you to get your head round, it seems.

If a word has, say, 4 meanings, and because of one of them it is apposite in a particular situation you can't claim that it is not apposite because it doesn't have all or any of the other 3.

How ironic you should say that yet for the last 3 pages JD has done everything he could possibly think of to avoid answering a straight question honestly.

Yes a word has X amount of meanings, that doesn't discredit the outcome of a question on one of those particular meanings.

You've read my question, the volume of immigration is either restricted or it isn't. Criteria for migrants doesn't discredit the volume at which it is or isn't capped; no matter how hard you try and suggest otherwise.

And criteria which restrict who can enter does not mean that immigration is unrestricted, no matter how hard you try and suggest otherwise.

Is there a restriction on the number of people who are allowed to hold driving licences in the UK ? Might it be unrestricted? Despite there being a criteria to hold one and the option of banning someone from holding one.

Some people voted leave to reduce unrestricted EU migration. it was not possible to do this as a remaining member. It is a simple fact.

Immigrants come from places other than the EU also
Yes, but the gripe in this thread was the myth that Freedom of Movement amounts to unrestricted immigration.

Absolute bulls hit.

Either you quitters are bothered about freedom of movement, which just fills vacant jobs or you are bothered about our largest source of immigrants which is provided by India and China and feck all to do with the EU.

Make your mind up.

Just in case you forgot sammi….

The vote was an expression of wish in terms of our strategic direction. Had we voted remain, the "problem" of 15bn a year being lost, unrestricted immigration, loss of control etc. etc would be down the remainers to fix?

Poor old sod.

Some people voted leave to reduce unrestricted EU migration. it was not possible to do this as a remaining member. It is a simple fact.

It is simple nonsense. EU citizens travelling for work are not immigrants. If they don't find work they can be sent home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back