May 23rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It is simple nonsense. EU citizens travelling for work are not immigrants. If they don't find work they can be sent home.

Anyone from anywhere who stays for at least 12 months is a migrant.

Anyone counted as part of migration statistics has been here long enough to qualify under that definition.

Data for EU and non EU migrants are recorded as such.

The total of both datasets counts against net migration.

If in discussion figures are cited they are made up of migrants who qualify as being here 12 months or longer.

If you'd rather do it your way net migration statistics would be higher still.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....a-migrant-definitions-and-their-consequences/

Length of stay: In its analyses of migration flows into and out of Britain, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) uses the UN definition of ‘long-term international migrant’: “A person who moves to a country other than that of his or her usual residence for a period of at least a year [….] so that the country of destination effectively becomes his or her new country of usual residence”. The main source of data on this is the International Passenger Survey (IPS), which is in turn the basis for ONS estimates of net migration.

Over and over again you challenged the assertion that there are restrictions with the facile question about a cap.

No, over and over again I asked what the cap was on immigration in relation to volume.

No one has been able to answer.

Sponsored Links
2 cubic kilometres.

I think you all have to admit to Sammy that there is no numerical limit on the number, despite there being other restrictions.

That's all he is saying.

Last edited:
2 cubic kilometres.

I think you all have to admit to Sammy that there is no numerical limit on the number, despite there being other restrictions.

That's all he is saying.
sammi is as desperate to cling onto the cap argument as he is to blame the EU for the UK's immigration numbers. He's aimlessly deflecting, poor old duffer.

sammi is as desperate to cling onto the cap argument as he is to blame the EU for the UK's immigration numbers. He's aimlessly deflecting, poor old duffer.

Deflecting? From what exactly?

I asked a simple question.

No, over and over again I asked what the cap was on immigration in relation to volume.

No one has been able to answer.
Poor old SammyInnit...

As always the 'one trick pony' :LOL:

But just to help the poor fella out...

There is currently no overall 'cap' - such is the meaning of freedom of movement.
However there are restrictions and 'caps' on migrants from certain EU countries that the UK often chooses not to impose...

But then there was no effective 'cap' before 1973 (excluding the 'cap' on the number of Jews fleeing Nazi Germany of course), and I daresay there will be no 'cap' after Brexit...

Only political 'aspirations'/empty promises made to assuage the xenophobes/racists!

Aww bless..

Sammy gets his answer and deflects from it as usual...

Very sad!

Not at all. It's more for the benefit of @JohnD and @ban-all-sheds

If you're talking about the other waffle you offered to some how make me look bad it's not really something that bothers me, least not enough to take with any degree of seriousness.

Many political parties before now have suggested a vote for them would be a vote to cap immigration but the fact of the matter is there isn't a cap on volume and as an EU member there won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back