MCS Rule - Homeowners Present

I've been told several times in my life that to get "the deal of the century" I need to sign now.
Same here.
I have always refused.
Again, same here. However, I do usually ask them something along the lines of "I need to think about this / talk to my wife / whatever, and that will take a few days. Does what you say mean that if I call you next week, you won't be interested in selling me the product for the price you have mentioned today?".

That has almost always elicited a reply along the lines of "Ah, that might be different. Call me next week and I'm sure that my manager will allow me to sort something out for you"!

... but, of course, I've never 'called them next week' :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I haven't always mentioned a reason why, but sometimes when salespeople have been particularly pushy, I have pushed back with:

"I'm not making a decision on buying a car/ some double glazing/ some furniture without having a good think about it with my other half and nor would you."

This usually comes after the classic salesperson's line:

"What will it take for you to accept a deal right now?"

I've never done this myself, but I've been with someone who was in this situation: when the salesperson realises you know the true cost of their product.

"I know those spangle-wurzles cost between X- Y00 pounds each, with a healthy profit margin, so why are you trying to sell them to me for 5 times that amount...."

In the case of the person I was with, this was followed by "Good day to you, madam!"

I have been known to show them the door during which i have sometimes stated" if you dont walk thru it then i will throw you thru it". They often get tge message

I did a good one with MFI (Howdens as they now calls themselves). We had an appt booked with r
The design architec type chappy, nice bloke, i liked him but tge manager came in his place. I shot him with both barels by telling him i had suceeded in getting my wife to think of Howdens in preference to B and Q. I said " Peter, you in turn, successfully persuaded her right back to B and Q again

Sponsored Links
The extremes of temperature will kill the electronics prematurely.
I have fitted hundreds of inverters and have found that location makes little difference to the failure rate.
I had my first dead out of the box inverter on Friday.

Probably £2.5k worth of kit there? £1k for the panels. £350 for the inverter. Rails and bits and bobs.

Plus a days labour for two roofers and an electrician. Another £1500?
Bit of scaffold £500? Some do it without...

Still good profit in the job even at £6k.

Hybrid inverters and batteries shove the cost right up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back