Mince boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone here boil mince? Or do you prefer the traditional Frying technique?

Sponsored Links
My Gran used to boil mince in a pan with finely chopped onion & we would eat it with boiled peas & very slowly cooked toast.

I boil, far healthier and by using spices and other flavourings even cheap mince can be made tasty.

Neither.

I brown chunks of meat.

Don't eat mince.

Sponsored Links
Any of you listen to Galaxy 105 in Yorkshire? They set up MBA - Mince Boilers Anonymous because of the breakfast DJ's (Simon Hirst) fondness of BOILING mince. :LOL: They have spent the last 6 months banging on about how wrong it is!

http://www.galaxyyorkshire.co.uk/Article.asp?PT=HIRSTY'S+DAILY+DOSE&id=346753

I'm gonna send off for a car sticker to support their campaign :LOL: Frying is the future! :LOL:

Here's Hirsty now!
1798983.jpg

I've been kicking around this planet for 50 years and I can't remember ever eating boiled mince.... am I missing out on something... :eek:

very slowly cooked toast.

What's that all about? what would that achieve ? do you have to butter it slowly ? :LOL:

slick50 said:
I've been kicking around this planet for 50 years and I can't remember ever eating boiled mince.... am I missing out on something... :eek:
Unless you have been eating plenty of meat pies, you have missed out on minced feet, ears, scro tum, uterus and udder.

mmmmm I love boiled mince.

Chuck an oxo cube in with the water, and once cooked add a bit of gravy granules to thicken the liquid. Serve in Yorkshire puddings with mash.

BTW I'm too old to listen to all that thud thud thud rubbish on galaxy ;)

OK, boiling mince for a spag bol??? Does anyone do that???

Rob's suggestion I can understand, you're keeping the flavour in the final dish, thats ok, but boiling mince for a SPAG BOL is wrong!!!

Put it in water and boil it...?????. NO NO NO. Put it in the frying pan and cook of the fat and then add the rest of the goodies....YEAH !

Sponsored Links
Back