Minimum Roof Angles 15 - 20 degrees Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Basically I would like to use those ACME Sandstorm tiles that 1930's homes have, as it's in keeping with character, etc etc on a extension, but I would like to have a pitch between 15 to 20 degrees, not sure yet on exact angle.

But I am unsure if planning will allow such a low pitch with those type of tile. My neighbour has a extension with those tiles at 18 degrees and he hasn't had any leaks, and that was done in the 1970's.

I am not sure if I can you that as a reasoning. Also to find the minimum pitch for that tile, do I need to just find a modern equivalent, and use their minimum angle?

Regards

Sponsored Links
some interlocking clay roof tiles have a minimum pitch of 15 degrees

or use any tile you like and have a weather proof sub roof system

I wouldve thought it would be a building regs issue not planning

Sponsored Links
Acme or Rosemary tiles specify a minimum pitch of 30 degrees. You can buy new ones that match the colour of the reclaimed ones. However, your pitch is too low for that sort of tile and you'll end up relying on the membrane underneath for water tightness.

We used forticrete Gemini for our extension which go down to 22.5 degrees and look very similar to the original Rosemary tiles we have on the existing 1920's roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back