mobile power pack

some years back Black & decker professional did a range of tools that plugged into a battery pack which went in a belt pack( i cant remember the voltage) which worked quite well , the main drawback was it was a lead acid battery so if it was left dormant for a while screwed it up

Makita 24 volt range can be used with a dummy battery which plugs into the main batt which again is on a belt pack (the range of 24v is now discontinued I think)

Sponsored Links
You could have one of these or similar sat right next to you wherever you were working.

Assuming the risk assessment or specific site conditions prevents flammable fuels/exhaust gasses or suchlike

One of the most obvious places and frequent places for a locksmith would be multi-storey housing blocks

Sponsored Links
......where there'd always be somewhere you could just run a normal extension lead from.

hi guys, pete i did think of something like that a while ago thanks but woody is right i do get work on flats ect to be honest when i go to job i assess the situation if there keys are lost and no spare in house or with relative i will drill out lock ect go to my van get my pack with dewalt which i know is not going to let me down also if badly lit bring my lamp pack i know most everybody is going on about the latest drills and batteries ect but i would not swop them or sell them for all the money they have been a godsend to me and it works for me my next project is going to be the 18v multitool buy a cheapy tool and buy 3x6v 12amp thanks guys

......where there'd always be somewhere you could just run a normal extension lead from.

Not if the OP is on a lock out job

Contractors are not permitted to use 240v so a tranny needs to be lugged about.

However, it may not be permitted to use a customers or block supply in any case, let alone a mains supply

I doubt it is the best thing to do, to turn up on a job expecting to be able to use a mains supply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back