Moderator's actions

"The mods do not know the user names of the other mods, to prevent the very bias you mention."

So I take it that the people who moderate this forum are the same people that post in it?

Sponsored Links
unhappy if mods take the strict rule option and are not flexible.

Ta mod 7. Didn't know about the Screwfix forum!

ps I cant speak for others but in my case there is no doubt in my mind that I am happy with the rules - it is your interpretation of those rules that bothers me.

Sponsored Links
Screwfix forum? :eek:

Only the brave post there!

Dick Puller makes mince meat out of all especially CC's (Course Cowboys) or CCC's (Career Change Chancers) :LOL:

The way this topic has been moderated is a great example of how it should work ... Mr/Mrs Mod keeping things to the point, removing individual posts which cross the line and informing the poster why.

Far better than simply letting things degenerate to the point where there is no option but to lock the topic as has happened on a number of occasions recently.

I have had a few posts removed in the past couple of days for good reason and the topic has not suffered as a result.

Keep it up mods (the moderation style that is, not the deletion of my posts) :LOL:

they didnt inform myself and breezer when we started doing the argument sketch in this thread, they just deleted them.

The mods actions show bias towards certain posters.

Last week, 'He who must not be named" (to coin a phrase) asked for a topic to be locked and it was. A month or two ago when the same person finally got round to admitting that he had used a term (viz, 'VIZ'), the topic was locked before anyone got a chance to take him to task. Today, again when he is up against it in 'Getting Quotes' (Forum Information), the topic gets locked. Perhaps I am paranoid but isn't it is becoming too much of a coincidence?

I see the forum rules where last amended on the 17th Oct 2007. Any chance the new information can be highlighted in red so we know what rule has been added or changed? Obviously when a newer rule is added then the last amendment can return to its usual colour. Just so we can see what rules you are sneaking in and when they occured. ;)
Sorry but this thread is about Moderators actions not about wishlists, I assume the post will be deleted? ;)

I see the forum rules where last amended on the 17th Oct 2007. Any chance the new information can be highlighted in red so we know what rule has been added or changed? Obviously when a newer rule is added then the last amendment can return to its usual colour. Just so we can see what rules you are sneaking in and when they occured. ;)
Sorry but this thread is about Moderators actions not about wishlists, I assume the post will be deleted? ;)

At first I thought that you were trying to highjack the post. ;) ;). However, when I thought about it, you've come up with a rather interesting suggestion. If your idea can be applied to the rules, then equally it could be used by the mods to highlight the abusive comments that causes them to lock certain posts. What say you mods?

The mods actions show bias towards certain posters.

Last week, 'He who must not be named" (to coin a phrase) asked for a topic to be locked and it was. A month or two ago when the same person finally got round to admitting that he had used a term (viz, 'VIZ'), the topic was locked before anyone got a chance to take him to task. Today, again when he is up against it in 'Getting Quotes' (Forum Information), the topic gets locked. Perhaps I am paranoid but isn't it is becoming too much of a coincidence?

Now I know that I am not being paranoid. In the penultimate post of 'Mod 5 - Please Explain', I listed a number of abuses,which when first posted, went unchallenged by the mods. Yet, when I as one of those slighted come back at him, the post is locked yet again. If he is a mod, then in my opinion he should not be taking part in discussions on this forum. If he is not,why is he consistantly granted 'locked topic' protection?

unhappy if mods take the strict rule option and are not flexible.

I think the mods are doing a great job (crowd control) and there has to be some sort of guide lines.

I own my own plumbers discussion group and very seldom does one of the mod boot someone or bring them to task.

I do find the mates /blokes from Australia have a lot of great in put but sometimes the language kind of hinders what points they are trying to get across .

The only topics that really upset the Oz crowd when someone mentions the influx of labour (labor) from other countries that drive down workers salaries or the idea several of the members used to be hunters and their pistols and long guns were confiscated and the time 5 foreigners raped an Australian woman and received a slap on the wrist as punishment.

Those were the hotter topics

The only topics that really upset the Oz crowd when someone mentions the influx of labour (labor) from other countries that drive down workers salaries

Well fancy that. They have the same problems that we have.

Maybe you're right, and no immigrants should have been allowed to go to Australia.

It would be a very different place without them.

Sponsored Links
Back