More free bloody light bulbs

what do you have to do to get the free bulbs? i'm not an eon customer.

in general you can get l/e bulbs for 50p or less just shop around

in recent months morrisons have had specials of 3 for 50p and lidls have had 5 for 50p

so shop around ;)

Sponsored Links
GLS bulb blown in garage, grabbed 20W Phillips low thing, plugged in, fell over dog as could not see it in light from glowworm. Well dog is black. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Its an odd market, the shops must be buying them for nothing. :?:

I believe the big energy companies are supplying them at a subsidy as part of a commitment to cut energy use.

you can probably get them to install cavity wall or loft insulation cheap too, if you are old or poor

I am not in the industry any more so don't know how it works.

edited

here we are

SSE says http://www.scottish-southern.co.uk/SSEInternet/index.aspx?id=522

We have a number of initiatives to help domestic customers save energy, with an emphasis on helping lower-income customers. And don’t worry if you have oil, lpg or solid fuel heating, we may be able to help you too.

Current Initiatives include:

Professionally installed home insulation for customers in receipt of a priority benefit.
Promoting the use of low energy lamps through organisations with a higher proportion of members classed as priority customers.
Partnerships with Wickes and Focus Do It All Stores to promote home insulation to home owners
Call our EnergyLine for further information.

T: 0845 777 66 33 (Lines are open 8am – 5pm weekdays)

BG says http://www.britishgas.co.uk/about-british-gas/what's-important-to-us/energy-efficiency.html

Under our Energy Efficiency Commitment, we invested £96.2 million on subsidising products such as cavity and loft insulations for around 2.5 million homes in 2006.

That is around seventeen million energy efficiency measures, such as cavity wall insulation and low energy light bulbs, benefiting more than 2.5 million households

Back