More statistics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53556514

Coronavirus: Young ethnic minority men 'more likely to get Covid fines'

"Men aged 18 to 34 from ethnic minority groups were twice as likely to be fined for breaching lockdown coronavirus laws as young white men, figures show."

Remind me again, what town's communities are having the "spikes", which communities were having the late night illegal street parties?

Are those same people who were out spreading the virus in their
communities, the same ones who are more likely to be out unlawfully and thus the very ones being fined?

Or is someone twisting the stats for their own ends?:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It's all meaningless unless you know if there are more White people ignoring the rules than minorities or vice versa.

Since there is history of the police punishing minorities more than white people in the UK when all other factors are equal it's reasonable to worry that it's just the same old institutional racism all over again.

I really can't see the police being remotely racist in the current climate, in fact I could imagine the opposite being true, would anyone risk having the accusation of racist screamed at them and the possibility of loosing their job?

Sponsored Links
I really can't see the police being remotely racist in the current climate, in fact I could imagine the opposite being true, would anyone risk having the accusation of racist screamed at them and the possibility of loosing their job?

How many Police officers have lost their job due to being racist?

From what I have seen, the young ethnic men spread the virus quite well.
They have been meeting up in the local park in large numbers and the first thing they do is shake hands...

From what I have seen, the young ethnic men spread the virus quite well.
They have been meeting up in the local park in large numbers and the first thing they do is shake hands...

My experience too, about which I posted last week (my joyous tour of the sights of the former mill towns and their environs).
It is one thing citing "multi - generational occupancy" of houses as a reason for the local spikes but, logically, the virus has to get into the house in the first place. And hey presto! See above.

I haven't shook anyone's hand, nor hugged anyone except my wife and kids, since early March.

Are you saying the police had no reason to stop them?
It could be more to do with the process descending more quickly into enforcement.
The four E's: something like, "Educate..****..*****..Enforce". I can't remember the others.
BAME people have a lower trust of the police than white people, in general.
Therefore, the discussion starts off highly charged with BAME people. Whereas, the police might find it easier to appeal to the 'conformist' in white people.

Sponsored Links
Back