More statistics

Sponsored Links
1980s ? yes I could imagine it being pretty toxic back then, but what about now?

it was an example of Institutional Racism. Brig is pretending to believe that it only happens if procedures and rules are laid down requiring it. Brig is wrong.

1980's? "He left the Army as a Guardsman in December 1990 after suffering racist taunts and abuse."

That's a familiar excuse. I've heard it used before.

...More than 20 years ago, I was a trustee of a local voluntary organisation. For some reason I mentioned child abuse in Catholic institutions to another trustee, who I didn't know happened to also be a trustee of a Catholic childrens institution.

He brushed it aside, saying "that sort of thing used to go on, but it doesn't happen any more"

We now know that 20 years ago it still did happen, and was being brushed under the carpet.

No doubt there are people today who say "that sort of thing used to go on, but it doesn't happen any more"

No doubt we will learn that they are wrong....

what about now?

"Racism is prevalent" within the armed forces, the independent ombudsman overseeing complaints has warned.

In an exclusive interview with the BBC, Nicola Williams, the first person to hold the office of Service Complaints Ombudsman, said "incidents of racism are occurring with increasing and depressing frequency".

She urged the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to do more to root it out.

The MoD has insisted it has a range of measures in place to tackle racism.

Cases of bullying, harassment and discrimination account for 25% of all the complaints the armed forces receive, and Ms Williams says a "disproportionate" number of those come from ethnic minorities who make up just 7% of service personnel."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50834217

"The MoD has insisted it has a range of measures in place to tackle racism."

Therefore, claims Brig, it cannot be happening.

Sponsored Links
"He describes it as "relentless". He says he was asked whether someone in his family ran a corner shop.

"I'd be referred to as Apu, out of the Simpsons, I'd be referred to as Gary Coleman, Buddha… and there's a common theme to all of them.

"It got to the point where I wasn't worried about how I performed at work. I was worried about what was going to be said to me next"."

no no no, says Brig.

It's never happened to me therefore I don't believe it happens.

"In a statement the MoD said "racism has no place in the military and anyone found to be behaving in such a way can expect to be disciplined, discharged or dismissed".

Solicitor Ahmed Al-Nahhas says he's seen no evidence that any action was taken against those responsible for bullying Mark De Kretser."

Pretty basic if you think about it. Slippery pole, if you can climb it your not a racist.
Probably quite the opposite.
If the dominant culture in an organisation is to be racist, you'll need to fit into the dominant culture in order to climb the pole.
Otherwise you'll be considered an outsider, an odd-ball, a miss-fit.

If that is relevant, you will have no problem showing us the section in their training manual, employment contracts, guidance notes, SOPs, where the use of force is actively encouraged against "black people", compared to against "white people".

what a lot of deliberate excrement.

Probably quite the opposite.
If the dominant culture in an organisation is to be racist, you'll need to fit into the dominant culture in order to climb the pole.
Otherwise you'll be considered an outsider, an odd-ball, a miss-fit.

So what are you saying about Cressida Dick.

The policec obviously had some type of racism concerns in Rotherham and Rochdale :idea:

Silly JohnD. Inventing arguments to put them down.

Still, I suppose his keyboard venom and spittle has been somewhat offset by his self-gratitude at his (much-increased) post count.(y)

If that is relevant, you will have no problem showing us the section in their training manual, employment contracts, guidance notes, SOPs, where the use of force is actively encouraged against "black people", compared to against "white people".

what a lot of deliberate excrement.

No invention there.

Sponsored Links
Back