MOT's Every Two Years??? A Recipe For Disaster??

Sponsored Links
Of course, but not my point. New cars have to be scrutinised in order to maintain the warranty. Is that not sufficient?
No, because we all know dealers don't do that. If they can cut corners by not inspecting, or not carrying out service items like oil and filter changes, they will.

We all know it happens.

Do they mean servicing?
Either way it's wrong. Mot every 12 months if over 3 years old, servicing can be yearly, two yearly, extended mileage based etc. All this from a man who allegedly has a collection of cars. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
MOT - just makes sense as some vehicles cover close to 100k miles a year, so mot every year or at 12k or x miles whichever comes first is a good idea.
It's a bloody stupid idea - just where do you get your ideas from? On your reckoning, a 100k mile's a year car should have 8 mot's in a year. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't take much notice of service intervals in that I prefer to have a bit of mechanical sympathy and change fluids and filters more frequently rather than less.
My Octavia had variable servicing with the first anything up to 30K. Wouldn't want to do that on one oil change, even with fully synthetic Castrol SLX II.

Mrs Secure is happy to drive on with low tread depths and skinny pads, but I believe that it is imperative to keep tyres and brakes in tiptop condition.
I don't like less than 3mm on tyres.

A couple of times Mrs S has run pads down to the metal, requiring new discs.....:eek:

The tyre place looks at the wear and tells her she drives like a rally driver and it's true in that she does not slow down for corners.....:):)

If they do this, I'll probably ask for an "MOT check" when I take the car for a service, so would hope for the same service without £45 MOT bill.

It's a bloody stupid idea - just where do you get your ideas from? On your reckoning, a 100k mile's a year car should have 8 mot's in a year. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You would be even richer and could buy two range rover and a new video.... if that was law....

40 year exemption no MOT

although this is afaik providing said car has not been heavily ???
Modified ???

for example a 4.9 turbo 1980 firebird which has had a different engine fitted would probably not be included ?? 40 years or not ?

( may be possibly ?)

Hands up who does a walkaround check each time before they drive?

Hands up who does a walkaround check each time before they drive?

I do as I'm used to it pre automatic tyre pressure readers, headlight warnings etc, etc.

Couple of times I've saved myself driving off on a deflated tyre that could have resulted in a non-repairble tyre.
I also check for damage though its too late if someone has vandalised the car again.

Good practice to check car and it's in the highway code

Hands up who doesn't even know where the bonnet catch is?

Sponsored Links
Back