Move light switch upwards - any advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he likes your taste (or maybe your wifes taste) in interior decore.

Yeah, I think so. But he's not living in my house, so irrelevant really.

It is possibly not a look Kevin McCloud would approve of, but when painted up, I think it will look good.

This is the look I'm after (using the exact same panels):

picture

Sponsored Links
It is possibly not a look Kevin McCloud would approve of, but when painted up, I think it will look good.

picture

I would suggest getting a sample panel painted and signed off as approved by Mrs Bodgerx.

To put it politely, these things can look a lot different on the wall than they do in the photo.

picture

I would suggest getting a sample panel painted and signed off as approved by Mrs Bodgerx.

To put it politely, these things can look a lot different on the wall than they do in the photo.

Yep already done. We also have seen the same stuff in other houses.

This forum often descends to name-calling, unfortunately.

However, suppose you were to drop into your local pub - or actually one where nobody knew you - and ask advice. Would you expect every reply to be strictly an answer to the question you'd asked? Would you check everyone's facial expression in case they looked "condescending"?

Sponsored Links
I think you need to realise that people are free to give you whatever advice they think you need

Quite.

Surely a man of your maturity will realise that, rather than using a tone that will wind the OP up, a gentler stance with an explanation and a link: a reason why he might be advised to avoid said items would be better.

You could have done this from the off. There was no need to wait for somebody to come along... :rolleyes:

1) If somebody gets wound up by " :confused: " they really are wrapped too tight.

2) I wasn't "waiting for somebody to come along" as in being all slopy-shouldered - FatallyFlawed does seem to pick up on these things, and is far more familiar with the arguments than I.

This forum often descends to name-calling, unfortunately.

However, suppose you were to drop into your local pub - or actually one where nobody knew you - and ask advice. Would you expect every reply to be strictly an answer to the question you'd asked? Would you check everyone's facial expression in case they looked "condescending"?

No, but I'd be aware of the tone. And I think that was pretty clear in the responses.

The fact that off topic stuff came up is not my problem. It is the way it was done.

Anyway, this is tedious to be honest. I had some other useful responses and I have thanked the posters for that.

Next time I will avoid the forum all together.

1) If somebody gets wound up by " :confused: " they really are wrapped too tight.

2) I wasn't "waiting for somebody to come along" as in being all slopy-shouldered - FatallyFlawed does seem to pick up on these things, and is far more familiar with the arguments than I.

Not wound up. Just strongly making it clear I'm not interested in your opinions. Was hoping to avoid further noise. I failed.

I was talking, as well you know it, about your words, not the emoticon.

Then why weren't you less "slopy-shouldered" and post that from the start?

Just strongly making it clear I'm not interested in your opinions. Was hoping to avoid further noise. I failed.
Not being interested is understandable - the world is full of people who aren't interested in hearing things they think they don't need or want to hear, even when it's well intentioned advice which could save the lives of their children.

I was talking, as well you know it, about your words, not the emoticon.
My words?

One of the regulars will be along soon to tell you how horribly dangerous those things stuffed into the sockets are, how you'd be better off without them and how they should be banned.
Can you, whilst remaining rational and intelligent, show me what is abusive, rude, objectionable etc about that? Can you show that it is not a perfectly reasonable precis of FF's views, and the essence of many posts he's made on the subject?

Then why weren't you less "slopy-shouldered" and post that from the start?
Because FatallyFlawed is far more familiar with the arguments than I.

Had the OP not been aware of the perceived danger of these socket inserts, I presume his response may have been -
"Oh, really? Why is that? Have you further information, please? "

However, as he was already aware but his wife likes using them it seems he thinks a high horse approach a more appropriate response.

Just strongly making it clear I'm not interested in your opinions. Was hoping to avoid further noise. I failed.
Not being interested is understandable - the world is full of people who aren't interested in hearing things they think they don't need or want to hear, even when it's well intentioned advice which could save the lives of their children.

Yawn. Are you done yet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back