Moving a switched fused spur on kitchen wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Isolating
But why?

Why do you think the whole circuit should be isolated?

Are you having trouble answering my previous question? There is nothing dangerous about my advice. Why do you think it is dangerous?
I'm not having any trouble at all, it's just that the number of dangers depends on why you proposed a mean of isolation, which is why I tried to clarify.

But we'll start with the fact that this is a ring, so your idea would not isolate it, it would turn it into 2 radials.

Sponsored Links
But why?

Why do you think the whole circuit should be isolated?

I'm not having any trouble at all, it's just that the number of dangers depends on why you proposed a mean of isolation, which is why I tried to clarify.

But we'll start with the fact that this is a ring, so your idea would not isolate it, it would turn it into 2 radials.

Watson - will you PLEASE either just leave the site, or if you stay, stop giving electrical advice.

You are an ignorant fool, telling people to do something dangerous.

Apologise, or clearly explain why my advice is dangerous, come on, give factual details.

If you put a switch in a ring then when you open it you break the ring. Both resulting (and now not properly protected) radials remain live.

I assume both supply legs of the ring are paired at the 32a switch and connected to the 'suppy' and the kitchen ring is connected to the 'load' ?

DS

Has anyone ever come across a ring final with a switch to isolate it?

That such a thing should be suggested instead of a, quote, "needless" FCU is beyond ridiculous.

Yes, standard practice in control room situations in theatre and recording studios.

DS

Hi, lollipop 6mm -Isolator- ring.
If retro fitted, usually as my original post.

Regards,

ds

What if the ring (already installed) is a proper ring?

That is the conductors do not run together at any point.

Usually it's dado trunking with a 32a switch at one end supplying a run of sockets.

regards,

ds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back