Moving electric meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new house and want to move the electricity meter and fuse box out of the lounge and into the understairs cupboard which is only on the on the other side of the stud wall.

Powergen sent round Siemens who said he couldn't do it, but edf can.

Now, Powergen told us this can be done by Siemens after explaining to them exactly what we wanted done, Siemens didn't turn up on the allocated day (waste of a holiday day), so we managed to get an emergency call the next day only to be told he couldn't do it (another waste of a holiday day).

He reckons EDF need to do it at a charge of about 300 quid :eek:

Does anyone know if this is the standard way of working? All the EDF person will need to do is move the current wires etc.. under the floorboards so them come though the other side of the wall, surely Siemens could do this and it won't cost anything.

Someone has told me to say to Powergen: "You own the meter, I own the house, I don't like where the meter is, so you need to move it" Will that sort of talk work? We will also be contacting Siemens for ask for a days lost pay too.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get round this expensive problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Whoever told you to say to Powergen
"You own the meter, I own the house, I don't like where the meter is, so you need to move it"

....was joking mate :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back