Meter Board Use

I thought you wanted it all in the same enclosure?

If you wanted a separate one there are dozens of makers and hundreds of sizes and shapes to choose from...

Sponsored Links
Update:

The Power transfer switch is now ready for installation, many changes of plan on the way, anyway, the switched socket inlet will go in the external meter cupbard (Seimens on behalf of EDF, lowereed the isolator on the meter backboard at no cost to make room for it)

I have modified this unit with an indicator led to confirm generator output.

The transfer switch has also been modified to included indicators for utility & genny power, (the utility power has an audible switched alarm so that I will know when powere has been restored), also power meter displaying Hz, kW, A & V.

Just got to make room in the garage for this switch and then its all systems go.

Installation complete:

Power Transfer Switch installed allowing me to supply the house from either utility or stand-by power.

Generator intake sited inside meter cupboard

Earth rod & pit, connected to C/U via 16mm

Smaller enclosure housing isolator, MCB's and contactor supplying dado sockets and outlets in the garage workshop, this allowed more room for the PTS

Maybe this should have been posted in the project section, but hey ho :)

If anyone wants any info on this project, just PM me.

Either I have got the wrong end of this stick or are you using a socket outlet as an inlet!!!!!?

Sponsored Links
Either I have got the wrong end of this stick or are you using a socket outlet as an inlet!!!!!?

You are correct it is an inlet socket, As I was going to be the one who sets this up, I didn't factor that someone would start the genny, prior to plugging in, in light of the chance that a shock hazard will exist, I will change this to an appliance inlet socket.

Kudos on the neat work inside the transfer switch, although it's hard to see how someone capable of such work would make such an elementary mistake as using a plug with exposed pins as an outlet.

You may also want to consult with the manufacturer of your generator to ensure it's possible to link E-N within either the generator or the flylead to the house. Otherwise, what you have is effectively an IT system, and your circuit protective devices will fail to operate properly, if at all, in the event of an earth fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back