DNO Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at the quote I got from my DNO for moving my meter and I noticed that they say the board that all their eqpt is affixed to belongs to them. So if I add an isolator/Earth Block etc, would they be in their rights to demand it is removed ?

Sponsored Links
they generally don't object to an earth block or Henley.

but you can be more confident they won't object if you fit your own board (assuming you like boards) adjacent to the meter one.

laminated chipboard is IMO an ideal material as it has a flameproof surface and is easy to wipe clean. You have to pilot drill all screwholes though.

You can space then off the wall 20mm or so, this prevents rocking if the wall isn't perfectly flat. It used to be specified in the days when walls tended to be damp, so air can circulate behind the board. You can make a very nice spacer with the plastic lid off a soft-drink bottle :eek: drilled to fit the screw.

You can space then off the wall 20mm or so.....It used to be specified in the days when walls tended to be damp, so air can circulate behind the board.

And in an attempt to isolate the consumer unit from the potentially moist surface.

Sponsored Links
You can space then off the wall 20mm or so...You can make a very nice spacer with the plastic lid off a soft-drink bottle :eek: drilled to fit the screw.

Or use rubber door stoppers which come conveniently pre-drilled with a hole for the fixing screw ;)

29005310-120.gif

Cheers Guys. I was thinking about using laminated chip as a backboard, seeing as I see it used in so many Housing Estates.

chipboard, laminated or not rots so easily.

Marine ply is the way to go ;) Paint it white if ya want :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back