MPG

Sponsored Links
There are trip computers in both our Transit and Picasso. The Picasso I've had up to nearly 500mpg and down to 19mpg and the Transit just tells me how many miles I've got left.
However, I don't really pay much attention to them and prefer to work out my own consumption over at least a distance of 1000-1500 miles. I'm still working out the Transit but the LDV Pilot I used to have returned an average of 40.54 mpg.

I'm not sure that mpg is really that useful, i know that a full tank will get me to work and back for almost two weeks of workdays, thats all i need to know.

Sponsored Links
I made this website so you could calculate wether it was worth having a diesel or not when the fuel prices went sky high.

price is irrelevant.fun is the key to life.get a motorbike and have fun,spend ya money on fun and die having fun.money is nothing.life is for living,then dieing,happy,having fun.

price is irrelevant.fun is the key to life.get a motorbike and have fun,spend ya money on fun and die having fun.money is nothing.life is for living,then dieing,happy,having fun.

I'm hoping this is just a case of tone and context being lost in text, but that's the attitude I have seen in far too many "weekend warriors", and they all come off sooner or later. Often becoming a sad burden to their families. :cry:

Yet those who do 10k miles a year come rain or shine seem to be miraculously immune to all these cars and trucks that "come out of nowhere" according to the hobbyists... :eek:

Pay attention, keep the front wheel on the ground and don't filter at 90mph and you will be one of the 99% of bikers who aren't killed astride their bike. :D

I made this website so you could calculate wether it was worth having a diesel or not when the fuel prices went sky high..

http://fuelcalc.webs.com[/url]

Excellent stuff!

I've just tried it out with the manufacturer figures for a few VW and BMW diesels and I don't think I'll be making the switch any time soon!

It seems that even diesels aren't that efficient once you get into brisk performance territory... :confused:

Can anyone point me at a mainstream diesel car that does 0-62 in less than 8 seconds AND does 40mpg in the urban environment?

EDIT: I've found ONE car that does it... the SAAB 9-3 1.9TTiD 180ps does 0-62 in 8.0 seconds and does 40.9mpg... Cost? £27K. Not exactly budget motoring :LOL:

Was on empty other day as in zero left in tank and got to garage on fumes puts £20 in and my computer told me i had 51 miles to go. Really got to change my driving habits.

", and they all come off sooner or later. Often becoming a sad burden to their families. :cry:

:D
I was that before I came off . Now I`m a limping Sad Burden:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back