Multiple Red Wires need AUX connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am currently installing a wired Challenger Force10 burglar alarm from CEF UK. I have 11 window shock sensors that need power. I have run all the cables back to the main panel. I have wired the tamper and zone loops in series successfully.

However, I now have 11 red and 11 black wires that need AUX power, wired in parallel.

My question is how do I wire these together? Could I do it like this (see image)? So bring 3 red cable cores from AUX power into 3 x 6A terminal block and put 3 or 4 wires in each?

I’ve looked online in forums and images but I’ve struggled to find anything.

many thanks in advance, for your help!

(The total current for the 11 accessories when the panel is in alarm is 193mA and the panel can output max 350mA from AUX so thats okay)

Attachments

• 09DB5B68-4CAD-4AA4-BBD3-BD2F4B900028.jpeg
    09DB5B68-4CAD-4AA4-BBD3-BD2F4B900028.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
Strip them all back,twist together in some 5 amp terminal block , then use some 1mm cable to connect to the control panel …

Hello,

I am currently installing a wired Challenger Force10 burglar alarm from CEF UK. I have 11 window shock sensors that need power. I have run all the cables back to the main panel. I have wired the tamper and zone loops in series successfully.

However, I now have 11 red and 11 black wires that need AUX power, wired in parallel.

My question is how do I wire these together? Could I do it like this (see image)? So bring 3 red cable cores from AUX power into 3 x 6A terminal block and put 3 or 4 wires in each?

I’ve looked online in forums and images but I’ve struggled to find anything.

many thanks in advance, for your help!

(The total current for the 11 accessories when the panel is in alarm is 193mA and the panel can output max 350mA from AUX so thats okay)

Yes you could

Hi @DIYSOS2018 and @sparkymarka,

Many thanks for your help! I’ve struggled to get the 11 wires into just 1 of 6A terminal block this morning but I might manage it into two.

So to combine your answers, could I do a 1 mm cable from AUX into terminal block and then do a 1 mm cable loop from one terminal block to the next to make 2 ‘live’ and put the wires into the other side, is that acceptable?

Many thanks again!

Sponsored Links
That’s me all sorted. I have an electrician coming to do other work so I’ll get him to give it the once over but it all seems to be working. Many thanks again!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back