Multiple Toilet Outlets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hoping for some advice.
I'm a self builder and I am about to put in the plumbing for 2 ensuites and a main bathroom.
Each has a toilet and it's the waste pipe to soil pipe plumbing that I need a little help with.
1 toilet will go up against an outside wall so I'm OK with that one as I will cut hole etc once I have the toilet.
The other 2 however will go into the floor and through the void to the outside wall.
Hence I need to decide where the pipe will come up through the floor before I know what toilet I am getting.
I do know approx. where the toilets will be located so is there any rule of thumb, i.e. distance from back wall, distance from side wall etc?
I have fitted toilets before but the pipe work has always been there and I've not fitted enough to know if the toilet designs are standard.
Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark.

Sponsored Links
you may want to work out the fall you are able to get under the floor - too much fall and the water will drain faster then the solids which will be left behind
1:40 to 1:110

@ETAF
Thanks for the advice, I should be able to get the fall correct as the joists are eco-joists the ones with the metal and therefore loads of space to pass the pipes through. It's the position of the "closet flange?" that I'm struggling with as I 'm worried that if I get it in the wrong place I will seriously restrict myself to which type / design of toilet I can buy. I don't want to end up with a bodge job of connectors.

The soil pipe should be close to the back wall, just leave room for skirting if you are fitting it. The side wall dimension is up to you, just centre it on where the pan is going.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back