Mushrooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would love to be able to correctly identify wild mushrooms and then eat them and stuff.

Where could I learn this? Books are OK but you can't risk these things.

Before anyone says anything, yes I know it's the season for a certain 'type' of mushroom; I am not interested in those.

Sponsored Links
books are good, but try local ramblers or game keepers perhaps to see if they know of any (or the web!) I think there are some simple rules as well about what you can eat, but im not going to post them in case ive got it wrong!

books have been around longer than computers, and books do not need batteries, get a book with pictures

Yeah, but in the books I have there is still room for ambiguity. Some species in the same family look extremely similar but one you can eat and the other you can't.

Sponsored Links
Morrisons sell nice mushrooms. they come in a plastic container, and NONE of them will kill you.

securespark said:
Morrisons, Crafty???

What about ye olde Coop?
too expensive. i dont shop there, the customer service and availability in certain outlets is appalling.

crafty1289 said:
securespark said:
Morrisons, Crafty???

What about ye olde Coop?
too expensive. i dont shop there, the customer service and availability in certain outlets is appalling.

Customer service should be all right on your day off :LOL:

crafty1289 said:
securespark said:
Morrisons, Crafty???

What about ye olde Coop?

That's what my Auntie Maisie says. She tells me the assistant manager in her local co-op is a really horrible young man, she doesn't like going in there any more, sends in the lad instead.

JohnD said:
That's what my Auntie Maisie says. She tells me the assistant manager in her local co-op is a really horrible young man, she doesn't like going in there any more, sends in the lad instead.
:D :D

When I go out walking with my wife, she often wants to stop to pick wild mushrooms, watercress, blackberries etc and she has never poisoned me. Yet. I bought her a book on identifying field mushrooms and she was well chuffed. She told me that occasionally her picking was "experimental"! :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back