Muzzled

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
https://www.ft.com/content/055cde96-0b62-4265-b43e-4059db1f0041

"England’s chief nursing officer Ruth May confirmed she was “dropped” from a daily Downing Street press conference after expressing concerns that the prime minister’s most senior aide had undermined the coronavirus lockdown.

Dominic Cummings came under fire for driving 260 miles north from London to County Durham during the height of the pandemic and then taking a one-hour road trip to check his own eyesight.

In a preparatory briefing session ahead of a televised broadcast on June 1, Ms May was asked to respond to reports Mr Cummings had broken the government’s restrictions. After indicating she had been unhappy with Mr Cummings’ actions, she told MPs on Monday that she was given no explanation as to why she was “stepped down” from the press conference."

not allowed to speak unless a supporter of Johnson's boss.

Sponsored Links
Could it be she was not up to snuff :idea:

Had her own agenda :idea:

Perhaps no. One liked her :idea:

Perhaps she wS bad for moral :idea:

Experts :LOL: the country us drowning in experts

One of the most mis used words in the language

And ultimately who. Cares

Experts :LOL: what we're we told

Luckzade aids recovery people in hospital. Guzzling gallons of the stuff every hospital. Bed had a bottle :LOL:

Eat dairy, plenty of butter and full fat milk :LOL:

Sugar is OK so bung it in every Thing and end up with a nation of diabetics and fat people :LOL:

Buy a diesel car there cleaner for the environment :LOL:

Size does not matter :confused:

Feed scrambled sheep brains to cattle :LOL:

Feed sewage pellets to pigs etc :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I do. We shouldn't censor those views we don't like.

I don't think she has been censored she is free to air her opinion

Just stopped from. Being a government type spokes person / expert / member of the expert panel

I don't think she has been censored she is free to air her opinion

Just stopped from. Being a government type spokes person / expert / member of the expert panel

You need help. Unless you have shares in the tory party.

True. Yesterday I congratulated a certain person on here on their first DIY related post in over 9,000 posts that they had made and cheekily welcomed him to the forum. The post was deleted and I was locked out of that thread.

One assumes she was media trained prior to being stepped up, so therefore she would have known full well the consequences of answering a question that she should have deferred to the appropriate person. Golden rule - don’t comment outside your expertise or authority.

I’ve done dozens of media briefings but am sufficiently trained to know that no matter what my opinion on a subject, if it’s outside my brief - defer to the person who is authorised/briefed.

One assumes she was media trained prior to being stepped up, so therefore she would have known full well the consequences of answering a question that she should have deferred to the appropriate person. Golden rule - don’t comment outside your expertise or authority.

I’ve done dozens of media briefings but am sufficiently trained to know that no matter what my opinion on a subject, if it’s outside my brief - defer to the person who is authorised/briefed.
So are cabinet members, government advisors not allowed to have an opinion, unless it's been formerly (and formally) agreed by the PM?
What about the PM's chief advisor, is he allowed to say or do anything without it being formerly and formally agreed by the PM?

It was within her expertise and remit. The fact she wouldn't dodge the question was the problem.

Golden rule - don’t comment outside your expertise or authority.

it was a question she was well able to answer.

The reason Cummings first wanted experts and professionals at the briefings was because the public would trust them to be well-informed, truthful and accurate.

however, giving a truthful and accurate answer is not what he wants.

Could it be she was not up to snuff :idea: No

Had her own agenda :idea: No

Perhaps no. One liked her :idea: No

Perhaps she wS bad for moral :idea: It's morale, and No

Experts :LOL: the country us drowning in experts The alternative is Boris.

One of the most mis used words in the language

And ultimately who. Cares. Most sensible folk.

FIFY. You're welcome.

got to love it when someone gets slapped down for getting too lippy.

Sponsored Links
Back