Myson Velaire 90/110 Advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a house which I'm not moving into yet and the boiler is a Myson Velaire 90/110 Pressure Jet oil boiler. It still works fine but I reckon it's about 20-30 years old and will need to be changed in due course.

I need to drain down the water for winter (can't have it running on low throughout) and although I've managed to drain all the plumbing I can't find any way of draining down the boiler and subsequent radiators.

I know on modern boilers there is often a valve which you can open, attach a hose to and drain the system down but I can't see anything like this on this old boiler.

Does anyone know where such a valve may be or even if there is one in the first place? I'm wondering whether on older boilers draining the water down is something that only a professional can really do.

Anyway any advice would be welcome, I could get a plumber out but I'd prefer to do it myself especially as I've done everything else.

Sponsored Links
The crystal ball is too cloudy. You need an experienced eye to look for the drain cock. Failing that, put in a self cutting tap in a convenient place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back