mythbusters- a topic not to be locked

B

breezer

seeing as a lot of topics get locked they all seem to be because of too many arguments etc, so i wondered how about trying to set a diy not record, of a topic that is not plumbing (a topic in plumbing has, i think 18 pages) that goes for say 20 pages, has no arguments, so i thought what about mythbusters.

here goes.

did anyone see tonights mythbusters? i nearly PMP laughing when adam sank testing his "shoes"

Sponsored Links
I didnt see it sorry but I've a feeling that somehow this topic will never achieve the 20 pages you hope.

I'll be surprised if it gets to two. Wait till joe comes back. He'll argue that Adam never really sank and it was an illusion created by an immigrant Polish special effects team.

Sponsored Links
I do occasionally, some are quite interesting though I don't think they do their experiments that scientifically, they tend to leave questions unanswered but still make their conclusions.

who ever said mythbustes is scientific, (they dont) there is quite a lot of "errors" in the things they do, but its great fun to watch.

whats your best bit then?

I quite liked the recreation of the ancient weapon involving mirrors and the sun focusing on a boat.

i felt sorry for the bloke who's contraption was busted when it arrived at mythbusters. (same episode)

yes sounded like he put a lot of work into it and was convinced it would work but we'll never know.

Did you see the one where they tried to test whether you could pee on an electrified railway line?

Or the one where they put mints in coke to make a fountain?

he also seemed very "frightened" of its power, if you recal hiwm with it t his home, he soon put it away again.

odd thing though, although it was broken in transit, you would have thought they would have given him a hand to see what they could do, after all the junior team helped their "contestants"

A couple that come to mind...

The myth of the man sitting on the toilet that blew himself up because his wife left flammable cleaing products in the pan..

or the one where a man *****s on the live rail and the current was meant to have travelled up to his body and killed him..

Sponsored Links
Back