mythbusters- a topic not to be locked

Sponsored Links
I wonder if they will ever test the myth that when people jump or fall from great heights they are 'dead before they hit the ground'

A Russian jumped from a burning plane at ( I recall ) 15,000 ft or higher with out a parachute and was alive as he crashed through branches of trees which broke his fall enough that he hit the snow slow enough to survive. Probably unconscious as he reached the tress and hence relaxed enough to not suffer to much damage as he creshed through the branches.

mythbusters did one similar

a gunner fell out of the "pod" on a b52, being as its so small he can not have a parachute.

The myth was that as he fell out (onto a Paris railway station) a bomb went off and the shockwave cushioned his fall

They made a "tall green house" (to simulate the station) and a very big bomb, and they had helium ballons to take the test dummy to the said height (too much $ for a plane) They had a guide wire from the balloon to the large green house so they knew where he would fall

they had a lot of problems as the sun melted the dummy (he was made from balistics gel) a couple of ballons eascaped, but they did it, (sort of) when the bomb went off it cut the guide wire , so the dummy never went quite the right way, the steel structure got blown up (as expected) and a part of it got wrapped round a tree, they also caused numerous fires

result

myth plauseable

oh and if you have never seen it they do use real bombs, they call in the local police bomb squad.

wasnt as good as the "removing set concrete from a lorry cement mixer one" they blew it to pieces, no truck left

I enjoy watching Mythbusters - a lot of what they do is really interesting, especially anything presented by Kari Byron :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

That said, I agree with those who like Deadliest Catch ...... braver men than I to work in those conditions

Sponsored Links
You're not wrong :LOL:

mythbuster-kari.jpg

Yowser!!!

I like the welder myself with all the tatt down her arm...class!

:LOL:
I'm waiting for someone to tell me that going out with wet hair will cause a cold, :eek: !

Will they be a myth buster, or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Ed

High quality topic, lads - I can see why you wouldn't want it to be locked. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back