N.A.P.I.T Registration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me if N.A.P.I.T registered electrician have registration number and when they do work for you ie Periodic inspection report do they inform N.A.P.I.T ? I emailed the company but they do not answer.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Why do I need to know ? So I will employ competent person! One should be able to check they are not telling porkies but if you cannot check their registration number what is the point of N.A.P.I.T? It should be easy to check like "Gass Safe "registration is. I always check their heating engineers number.

And the reason you can't check on the NAPIT website that the person is a member is......?

Sponsored Links
odd how this thread looks different to earlier :)

To the OP,

Yes, they do have a membership number, but its really not important as they also have a search facility. You can check your sparkies registration with that.

There is no requirement to notify anybody for a PIR. In fact registration to any of the schemes isn't even required for a PIR.
In fact, a lot of sparkies believe that PIRs are done without notification, registration, qualification, experience, ability, electrical knowledge, brain :p
FWIW, be very weary of low priced PIRs, they might not be worth as much as similar sized second hand sheet of andrex, depending on why you need one.

i think there must be something wrong with my phone. :confused:
Last night, looked at this thread from it and there were some interesting comments, well put, i thought.
However, today, looking from a PC, the interesting comments seem to have disappeared.

Do you think i should get a new phone or could the problem lie elsewhere?
Maybe Zairian posts have a 'best before'an arrogant nutter whinges to the mods and they delete them date ? :p

We are having the main switch to fusebord upgraded to 100amp from 80amp and 9.5 kw new electric shower fitted which requires larger cable to fuse box as it is not sufficient at present, is this work notifiable ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back