NAIL through pipe !!! Classic idiot ( yes me ) T piece ?

I'm slightly confused..is it a sealed system or do you have a F&E tank in the attic which feeds the heating system?

If you have the tank in the attic then tie up the ball valve to stop the water filling the tank and filling the heating pipes..

If its a sealed system and the water spurts out the pipe when you put the mains on then yes its a water pipe and not a heating pipe

Sponsored Links
it is a tank-in-loft nasty old fashioned rubbish system, to give it its full name......

the tie up the ball is a good idea,

Im actually not bad with soldering, but the water in the pipes is making it v.difficult

I will be looking to get a decent quote and get someone in asap really , not so much that I cant do the work,

but the sickly feeling that if i go ahead, and then something else gets loose, and then Im really stuck

Ive heard australia is a good place to be this time of year ?

:rolleyes:

Teddy

lol
Ok tie ball cock up securely (piece of wood or something across the top and double loop string over ball cock arm and tie properly to the wood

Turn mains back on for cup of tea in morning

Completely drain heating system down, leaving somewhere open if possible for steam venting.....

Use compressions or call a favour in.....i know if i was close by i would do your pipes and you could fix my patio door in a flat i have done up and rented out......

The locking mechanism is sticking and causing problems...had a guy come out and he said the door is so old i cant get a replacement to fit the profile so you will need a new door....told him to go away...politely

Sponsored Links
I was always paranoid about putting a nail or screw through pipes id just fitted.I always used to draw pictures in felt pen on the floorboards of what pipes were underneath.
Not very pretty when people wanted bare boards though>

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back