napit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am signing up with napit got my first assment soon any one got any tips are advice on whats it involes to be prepared

Sponsored Links
am i to have so work lined up to show them as am not working at the mo due to waiting for the go ahead from napit

That could be an arkward silence then :confused:

You need to be able to take your assessor to some of your jobs so he can have a look and ascertian wether you are competent to be doing the work.

He will also want to see the certificates you have issued for these jobs to make sure you can test properly, and know how to fill out certificates.

You'll also need your test kit, calaibation certificate, and your weekly log of results.

And your public liability insurance certificate

And your regs and OSG and any other documents

And possibly a health and safety statement, risk assesments, method statements etc.

Sponsored Links
All that RF has told you is spot on. My NAPIT assesor was excellent, but very thorough. They will ask you questions based on 17th Edition as well as wanting to see work done and watching you test.

Where are you and who is the assesor coming to see you?

i have public liability insurance certificate, a test kit, calaibation certificate and regs and OSG how can i have work to show if am not regersted sorry if what am saying is dumb but not been self employed before

I'm sure you're not the first person in this situation. Why not phone them and ask what the procedure is to get round this?

Hello Spud09.

I understand what you are saying, it's a catch 22 situation. However, your assessment will probably last 4-5 hours, which is not long enough for the assessor to 'assess' your practical/technical testing capabilities, check your 7671 knowledge, as paperwork alone takes 30 mins !!.
To do this he will look at 'other' test sheets you have issued in detail. During my assessment some readings were checked at the 'site' visits, whilst showing him how I conducted the tests.
I only had 5 minor works, and 2 Eic's to show at my assessment :oops: . No written quotations. No pir sticker on C/U. were my mistakes :oops: . I had to send a photo of C/U with sticker affixed, and a note saying that I will address the quotation 'thing'.

Have you a date yet ? Is there any work you had lined up that you could bring forward maybe?? Family members or friends need anything doing ???
I believe Napit accept work carried out to your home as well. The website has quite a bit of info.

Ed

how can i have work to show if am not regersted
You don't have to be registered to be able to have work to show.

Lack of registration means that you may not self-certify after the event, not that you may not do the work in the first place.

As BAS says. identify one of the jobs you have done, inspect & test it, complete the appropriate certificate and have this to hand when your assesor comes. That is exactly what I did. I showed him work I had done on my own house, he was more than happy.

Who is your assessor by the way?

BOL

thanks for the help i haven't got the date yet hes gonna ring in the next few days i could change my fuse box got a 3036 at min i will have to ring family and try and get some work i can do

Why not ring NAPIT and ask - they won't bite you! - they owe you as you have probably paid them £450+ to join.

I'm sure they will have a check list of things they want to see - it should speed up the process.

So far as the work - why not do a job but notify it to Bldg Control - you don't have to be Part P registered to do electrical work.

NAPIT may let you do a job, not notify BC, assess you on that job and if you pass your assessment let you use that job as your first to notify through NAPIT.

Good luck - assessors are there to help not to trip you up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back