narrowest dual rcd board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, help would be appreciated

Who can tell me the narrowest, already wired, dual rcd board they have come across, if i have to crimp all the cables to reposition the cu I will but anything below the width of an old wyrlex 8 way would suit. I only need 7 ways in total and 1 for future expansion. It is probably unlikely.

Just quoted a job and met another spark there who, in front of me told the customer that a unsplit single rcd board would have to be used as nothing else would fit!!

I may have to custom build one, but fitting another neutral bar is awkward.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
17 inches is the narrowest I've come across.

You could use a standard board and use RCBO's instead

You could use single RCD split but you would need RCBo's

Sponsored Links
Ha Steve, funny you should say that, my friend has one mounted just like that, done any in Yeadon in the past 8 years??? :LOL:

cheers so far, found a wylex 10 way at 340 mil, rcbos is an option but they baulk when they hear the price. 2 4 ways, searching now, thanks lads

Just being helpful, cheers Steve.

Mmmmm, lets ask him when he returns later..

;)

Yeadon very much his ground.....

Ah yes I remember now. He even tagged his place of residence on wikimapia. :LOL:

But yeadon aint far from him is it. splitting hairs etc :LOL:

Nope , you could fart at his house, walk to Yeadon and still be repulsed at your own stench!!!!

The standard 8 way Wylex unit is 323mm wide according to the catalogue.

The Wylex NH insulated 13 module unit is 290mm so that would fit in the same space as the old 8 way.

13 modules would be main switch + 2 RCDs taking 6 modules, leaving 7 for MCBs. Wylex ref NHISS3404.

Nope , you could fart at his house, walk to Yeadon and still be repulsed at your own stench!!!!
I live in London, and there've been times when I could claim that dubious honour. :oops:

I'll post my recipe for sprout curry one day.... :evil:

Sideways CU, bit of a no-no as the main switch would be side-side operation not up and down, thats why large commercial distribution boards have a seperate space at the bottom for the main switch, preserving the uppy-downy requirement :)

I normally go the RCBO route in this instance, unless theres a lot of circuits, then its a crimp and move job.

* Courtesy of Elecsa's technical department when I was posed with a similar problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back