Need a quote for a big system - supply and install

for the job to be done well, 15k is a drop in the bucket.

you posted up 80kw worth of rads, the system is not going to be a rule of thumb job or a make it up are you go along job.

its all going to need to work out before hand.

Sponsored Links
Why 4 shower pumps not one?

Because theres 1 bathroom and 3 ensuites and to be honest each ensuite has a bath and mains power shower not electric shower. The smallest ensuite is probably the same size as some peoples bathroom.

t won't use any more hot water though - just more Flash to keep it sparkling.

So why not have a centrally pumped system and enjoy faster filling baths?

If it's that big a property will there be a hot water circulating pump to prevent a delay in HW getting to the taps?

Just looking for some assistance, have contacted local installers but no able to quote us so far, just trying to cover all possible aspect of getting sound advice. Been through yellow pages and the other day had a quote for £15k which is well jaw dropping.

I'd say it was astoundingly suspiciously cheap.

big house=big plumbing/heating system= big money, on a side note if I did not install the rads I wouldent be guaranteeing them.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried T&S Heating? They have a good reputation for value and big enough to cope with all things heating? If they quote around £15k then that's going to be the going rate.

You evidently don't work in Nottingham as they're reputation is far from what you state and so can be the quality of their work.
Don't know beamas,but I'll not comment on citigas.

I'd expect you to say that. Competition eh? They do a 7 rad powerflush for £199 - what do you charge?

Before you all start again, the Op is looking at a commercial type install.

Not many, normal plumbers would know where to start.

If Lee is on the doorstep then the OP won't get better.

Let's hear his rough price then. £15K+?

id give lcgs a call if i was the op, really cant see the point in pumps, just a big or couple of unventeds maybe a bit of solar, youll need a big boiler or cascades. as said above it nots going to be chaep and not going to be done PROPERLEY for 15k, £199 for a powerflush, yeah im sure you get a proper job for that as well :rolleyes:

They've got close to a hundred engineers - so they must be doing something right. AND they give 10 year guarantee on all boilers installed.

Sour grapes mate.

no sour grapes from me, doesnt matter how many lads they have, doesnt mean they are doing it right, just look at bg, they have thousands yet only a few hundered are worth hiring.

In my opinion without seeing the job or whats involved, I would say that was an minimum, if you want a proper job that supplies all 4 bathrooms at the same time.

And I agree the 4 pumps is a ridiculous idea.

They work on the Supermarket principle of many jobs - small profit. It works for Tesco.

In my opinion without seeing the job or whats involved, I would say that was an minimum, if you want a proper job that supplies all 4 bathrooms at the same time.

And I agree the 4 pumps is a ridiculous idea.

What's wrong with the two combi idea? There won't always be two people showering at the same time? If the rads and pipes are already in then it is an easy weeks job for a RGI. So that's £2K for combis plus a weeks labour. How much do you want for a weeks work?

What's wrong with the two combi idea? There won't always be two people showering at the same time? If the rads and pipes are already in then it is an easy weeks job for a RGI. So that's £2K for combis plus a weeks labour. How much do you want for a weeks work?

I pasted Drivels two combi suggestion just to take the pi55.

How apt that the current forum troll has picked up on it :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back