How does this quote look??? for a new boiler/rads....

for that money i would expect weather compensation (Vaillant 430) or at least the 140 timeclock to be included

we recently did a 8 rad, 1 towel rail, 1 mini towel rail with an 837 and vertical flue that came in at £2.995.00 inc. rads were stelrad compacts and £6 TRV's were fitted to 6 rads, 430 was fitted and a new gas supply was run (6m) up outside wall

Sponsored Links
I agree with the bit high posters. I would be looking for £3-3.5k for a very good job.

And I hate 750h radiators, they are ugly monsters, avoid where possible.

I agree with the bit high posters. I would be looking for £3-3.5k for a very good job.

couldn't agree more. the only time we use 750's is in the kitchen or where width prohibits a wider rad.

For that boiler and a new system, I think it is a very good price, especially if it includes VAT.

Its not a new system (but is changing from a back boiler to the new one on an adjacent room) but includes vat

Sponsored Links
for that money i would expect weather compensation (Vaillant 430) or at least the 140 timeclock to be included

we recently did a 8 rad, 1 towel rail, 1 mini towel rail with an 837 and vertical flue that came in at £2.995.00 inc. rads were stelrad compacts and £6 TRV's were fitted to 6 rads, 430 was fitted and a new gas supply was run (6m) up outside wall

Cheers, hadn't thought too much about the controller.

Your price looks great, fancy a road trip up to Aberdeen ?

No.... shame :)

The exsisting ones we have are 700mm tall & I think a bit on the small side hence the possible move to 750's

Is 650mm tall normal these days ?

with having wooden floors I'd like to try and use the existing pipe tails but it may compromise the performance keeping these small radiator sizes.

For example the 2 front rooms are as follows) old rads would be imperial but i have given the sizes in metric to make it easier to compare)

4m X 5m & has one 1150mm X 700mm at the moment (1100 X 750 proposed)

4m x 4.5 & has one 740mm x 700mm at the moment (800 X 750 proposed)

& the large bedroom is 5m X4m (lie ins on 2 sides though) & has one 540mm X 700mm (800 X 750 proposed)

The bedroom one looks like it will need a new hole bored as its a fair bit wider than at present but upstairs is carpeted so no issue there.

lol you get what you pay for in life, i bet there are a load of defects with this job, toooo cheap

lol you get what you pay for in life, i bet there are a load of defects with this job, toooo cheap

Cancel the road trip :LOL:

600m high is the normal, for good looks, as I said anything higher looks cr@p.

For the kind of money you have been quoted, I would want new pipework as well as the rads.

The problem is if you go over to a sealed system, can the old stuff take the extra pressure.

£3900 inc vat is very reasonable for the work youve mentioned, but, these post are always very hit and miss as you could live in a timber framed barratt house or a cold war concrete bunker, no one can give you an accurate price without seeing the job. how anyone can say your being ripped off or overcharged is beyond me.

£3500.00 for 3 days work + materials sounds a very good price to me.

Plus he'll make another 100quid + on the scrap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back