Need to remove panic button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am decorating a bedroom in my house and want to move a panic button which is connected to my house alarm up into the loft temporarily before moving it to another bedroom. How do i stop it activating my alarm so i can just move it?

Please help as every time i take off the cover it sets off the tamper alarm (obviously!)

Sponsored Links
Can you not disconnect the bell/siren whilst you move it.
Or maybe disconnect the power and backup battery.

If you disconnect power & battery, the bellbox will kick in, assuming you have SAB.....

Why not activate the PA, switching it off immediately at the panel without pressing reset, then you are free to do as you wish. When it is re-installed, just hit reset and panel should revert to day mode (or at least it will if you have ADE panel).

or if secures idea doesnt work, short thr PA terminals in the panel. this will stop it workin

Sponsored Links
yeah i will try activating it and then turning it off at the panel without pressing reset. Hopefully that will work!

Shouldn't you have some sort of code that you can key in to put the thing into a mode where you can fiddle with it without the alarm going off?

Don't know of this facility, Ban. At least not on Texecom or ADE. However, most keyswitch panels allow fiddling in the test position without fear of pg off the neighbours!

Have seen this on scantronic (iirc) where if you enter the engineer code and leave it in the menu it disables all zones for working on.

how about switchin it to walk test (if it has 1)

for what its worth , when a p.a. button is opened it doesnt usually go into tamper, but ALARM

OK, in walk test, it won't upset the neighbours, but will drive you bonkers beeping to tell you you've breached the PA circuit!!

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back