Neighbour parking too close

Good Point Matty,

so the neighbour is parking two vehicles on his land, and the poster is only parking one vehicle,

the neighbour is saying that the poster is parking unreasonably !!
Where the neighbour has parked their car has the kerb been dropped for the facility of driving onto the property ?

Sponsored Links
we need to see the full picture for this to make sense

A pic from the road, towards the houses would give more information.

Although if he sees you taking pics he might be upset. :)

It is irritating when neighbours lack consideration and push their luck constantly.

Reminds me of when I recently parked outside my fathers house (its a small cul de sac). I parked right outside the house, on the other side of the road another car was parked and so the road was then blocked.

A little while later, the neighbour knocked on the door, my father answered, it was the neighbour: "could your visitor move his car, I cant get out"? My dad: "yes of course, Ill get him to move, by the way do you know whose the other car belongs to? Neighbour: "oh yes that car is my husband's" :):):)

I'm not taking any pics if he spots me he will turn violent

Sponsored Links
He's parking so close because he doesn't have room for a car which is shown in previous and a van within his boundary

So instead as mentioned before he parks on the edge forcing me to park over more and access my drive to enter exit his vehicles

We need a sneaky video or pictures of his front garden. Does the van get onto his garden via the dropped kerb. And why haven't you taken a picture down to the local planning department yet, and seen if they'd allow you a fence between the gardens; even if it's only a foot high, plus talking to parking control about him parking on the pavement - a couple of tickets may deter him from parking like that.

I don't want to upset the OP but in the picture both cars are the same distance from the boundary.

If he can't move/park nearer to the house (and doesn't have room for a second vehicle) then surely the problem is the drive is too narrow for the purpose and the situation will just have to be tolerated.

I wondered if that was the reason :):):)

Thats the unfair thing about unpleasant people, those of us that like to live in harmony are forced to either respond with aggression, which would be out of character and lowering down to their level, or putting up with the inconvenience which means they get away with it. :mad::mad::mad:

Its how wars start :):):)

Can you park uour car reversed in further so his door would hit your cars door mirror rather than the door panel?

If so I would park it like that and swing the nearside front towards his car fractionally. Just enough to make awkward to get in, not enough to appear deliberately!

Or 'spill' some thick oil just where he needs to get out of the car, he might then tred it in to his carpet and get shouted at by his missus :)

What ever you do, dont allow it to niggle. It may be wrong but his stepping out onto your drive is not the worse thing a neighbour could do

Hit him mate, come on, stick up for yourself. You need to re-establish your dominance of the situation, at the moment you are very much a cuck.

If there is a by law that states one cannot put a fence on the Front Boundary Property. I would have thought it would also cover parking a vehicle on the front lawn, take a picture of both of the properties and contact the Council Planning Department

Have you got a dashboard cam in your car, which would take pictures as you drive onto your drive.

Sponsored Links
Back