New 2022 ADT Bell Box (Active) Install help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about the new ADT 2022 bell box installation. I'm connecting to a Galaxy G3, replacing a 25 year old original square metal Elmdene ADT box with metal flap microswitch.

No Problems with the wiring, its the mechanical fixing that has stumped me. It is the wall tamper that I'm stuck on.

The chassis has 4 main screw fixings around the outside, and one in the centre which I believe is the wall tamper. There is a rectangular panel in the back held in place by 4 thin plastic webs, with the screw hole at the bottom. Looking inside there is the usual spring attached to a switch which is resting on a a plastic arm, part of the rectangular panel.

But as it sits on the desk the whole thing is solid, there is no way the switch will be activated by lifting from the desk.

So my question is how is the back tamper supposed to work? I cant find any install instructions anywhere.

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
you screw it in the break out panel , if it’s prised from the wall it breaks out this plastic tab and sets off the back tamper ? At a guess this is what you are talking about …

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back